hello from Scotland :)

alright!?

Just bought ep91 glanza v auto 1.3 turbo

currently got 2010 2.5 turbo wrx sti hatchback subaru but is getting engine rebuild as we speak and I can't be assed with it anymore ( too much money )

Been wanting a glanza for a long time so pretty excited to have a sensible but nippy car.

Quick question. Anyone got link to suitable Haynes style manual for glanza? I can't find one anywhere

Cheers

Cheers guys . Is there a " how to section " on this forum. My glanza is a jap import so wanting to drain and change oil / filter. Never done it before tho :s

Couldn't be easier mate. Pop your head under the engine block and you'll see the sump, black tray-type-thing that literally covers the bottom of the engine. In the middle of this there's a plug, it looks like a bolt when it's in. Get a tray under there with a 3L capacity minimum and undo it, all your oil will start draining. Go have a cup of tea, it'll take a while to come out. If the engines a bit warm when you start it'll take less time.

You'll need a new plug before you start - http://id-workz.co.uk/toyota/starlet/starlet-glanza-ep91/service-maintenance/magnetic-sump-plug-4e-fte

When you've no oil in the engine, you want to do the filter. It's located on the front of the block, right over to the drivers side. Small black cylinder sticking straight out. In theory, you should be able to get it off without any tools but I've never had one be that easy. You can get it off by either nipping to any car parts store and buying a socket head or chain wrench that's designed for oil filters, or use a hammer to stick a screwdriver straight into the filter to give you leverage to get it moving. Obviously the first way is better, but there's no harm in the second except getting oil all over a screwdriver.

New oil filter can be had here - http://id-workz.co.uk/toyota/starlet/starlet-uk-spec-ep91/service-maintenance/oe-spec-oil-filter

Before you put the new one on, get a bit of oil on your finger and wet the seal. Then just do it up finger tight. Once that's done, put your new sump plug in (not too tight, they can be fairly fragile), and then put your new oil in. A 4E takes 2.8L, and everyone will tell you to use a different brand of oil so I won't make a specific recommendation there, apart from don't cheap out on it. It's worth spending the £50ish for a 4L of decent silkolene or castrol than putting Morrisons shite in your block.

Hope that helps man, and welcome along :)

im in Inverurie Aberdeenshire. Cheers frozen that's a decent guide so ill get on it as soon as it arrives

yes my engine decided to pre detonate ( had plenty of good oil ) only had 27000 on clock. Soon as it's back it's getting sold. Costs to much. Wanted glanza for ages so pretty excited. hopefully see some of you local lads burning about

A1575608-EF80-4B98-90C4-E2446946CC2B_zps

Yeah it is a before and after from the first day i got it until now, i would be surprised if you haven't seen me kicking about Inver before, there is a few autos in the build thread sections that could give you some inspiration, we will have to meet up some time in the near future never spoken to another member on here before in real life haha!