Celica gt four st202 front callipers

Has anyone concrete these on to a gt turbo before? If so how much work is involved?

i havent used concrete before make, the carriers fit straight on, id advise using them :)

:crazy:

Phil

Edited by Phil

I can see why you thought that Daniel, but the single pot 277mm conversion is now being referred to as the ST202 by some. Though it is found on the late ST185s too :lol:

I can see why you thought that Daniel, but the single pot 277mm conversion is now being referred to as the ST202 by some. Though it is found on the late ST185s too :lol:

There should have been a forward slash in the title then! Haha :p

Power isnt the issue though really stock 238mm na brakes can lock up the wheels even with pretty good rubber (disregard heat atm), its how close you can get to the point before locking up that you want.

Power would be the same or similar id imagine as the leverage would be the same as its the same size disc, but they say its the added feel you get with twin or more pistons. But you also need to keep the piston area matched to the master cylinder or it can go a bit funny too lol

The other thing is cost. Levin twinpot calipers are quite expensive. Then pad choice I've found was fairly limited Which means cost is more also.

Id imagine the big singles were used on more uk cars so cost will be greatly reduced as they are more common and that also leads to greater pad choice as well.

Nice one for the info, learn something new everyday!

Yeah I'm gonna try some yellow's on my ST185s, been using Blueprint pads up until now (which have been great)

thats why we're here isnt it :)

I've got yellows atm and they seem pretty decent but do have quite a long wearing in period. Id done a good 400miles normal driving and thought id try them out abit and they started working fine with a good bite and seemed nice and progressive but after a quick spirited drive and they cooled for a few mins i suffered stupid amounts of fade.

I mean i couldnt stop lol tried standing on the pedal as hard as i could and it was like using a bad handbrake! Googled it at its something called green fade so followed there trackday/race bedding technique and theyve been fine since.

Turns out they reccomend nearly 700/1000 miles normal/rural driving for bedding in lol