stripping the 4efte - how to remove these bits

need some guidance on how to strip these bits:

pulley & lower timing cover (ive tried hitting it off bu have only managed to damage it so far)

20150606_161124.jpg

camshaft nut (ive tried to get a 10mm on it but just slips and cant get 9mm on, all the rest came off easy):

20150606_161133.jpg

Edited by turbominicooper

you need to either block the crank so it cant move and use a breaker bar to undo the 19mm crankshaft pulley bolt or use a battery rattle gun to undo it buddy.

as for the camshaft bolt it looks as though its been rounded off at some point I had this a few times .... used a pair of mole grips as its only tightened to 7nm so don't need much to budge it

oh sorry yeah I see you have removed the bolt as above use said tool or put two screwdrivers behind it and edge it off bit by bit but looks like you chipped it already.

Do not use any kind of heat as the damper has rubber in and it will just melt ..

Edited by russ78

as for the camshaft bolt it looks as though its been rounded off at some point I had this a few times .... used a pair of mole grips as its only tightened to 7nm so don't need much to budge it

strangely its like that on all the extended bits, could of been a previous owner. ill use some moleys. cheers

ive got a flywheel puller tool so might see if i can get it off with that, its damaged now so if worst comes to worst ill just hammer it more :)

A decent set of six sided sockets goes a long way when removing the camshaft bolts. Can pick up a set from machine mart for a few quid. The bottom pulley can be a bit of a pain sometimes. Like Charl said a decent puller with two mate bolts on the two opposing holes will do the trick. That's how we remove stubborn bottom pulleys.

I had no choise but used a metal wedge! Like a cheese wedge, I just slid the wedge all sides of the pulley and gentley hammered it through.

As for that bolt, can be a RIGHT bastard! I locked to nuts at the top together. So when you undo the bottom one it moved the bolt. I then put a 10 mill spanner on the bottom to help. So effectively twisting it from two locations, seems to work.

I had to make my own studs in the end cause I cut a few off to get to them! SUCKS!