pin out for TPS and map sensor

TPS pins Should be numbered on the body or inside where the pins are or on the plug.

Pin 1 ECU IDL (throttle closed sense) Yellow/red wire

Pin 2 Ground brown wire

Pin 3 PSW (variable position sense) yellow/green wire

If my mind serves me right.

• 3 weeks later...

Just to bring this topic up again. If someone could confirm if this is the correct pinout that I have.

This is what I believe to be correct:

Glanza EP91 Pinout:

PIN 1 Black/Red: ECU IDL (Throttle Closed Sense)

PIN 2 Brown/White: Ground Signal

PIN 3 Yellow/Red: PSW (Variable Position Sense)

Haltech Pinout:

Sensor Ground: PIN 2

TPS Signal: PIN 3

+ 5v: PIN 1

Nik

Edited by nikhilkamdar12

Shouldn't your Haltech need a variable style TPS not switched?

Are you making a full custom loom? If you want to make it a bit easier you can wire into the factory loom at the ecu end then make minor loom changes for other features? I make looms both ways (modified existing or full custom from new wiring/plugs etc) but it depends on what you want to achieve.

Edited by Stu

Shouldn't your Haltech need a variable style TPS not switched?

Are you making a full custom loom? If you want to make it a bit easier you can wire into the factory loom at the ecu end then make minor loom changes for other features? I make looms both ways (modified existing or full custom from new wiring/plugs etc) but it depends on what you want to achieve.

Yeah that what I was thinking that I needed?

I'm using the full Haltech loom that is supplied, it takes care of everything just need to wire in sensors ect into it.

I know everything else what to wire and use, just wasn't to sure of the TPS and was sure I needed a variable TPS.

I'v put all new sensors. Using AEM all over.

Last and final thing now. I have got myself a auto Glanza throttle body now with the 4 pin variable position sensor.

This is the pinout:

4pintps.png

Glanza Auto 4 pin pinout:

PIN 1: Ground

PIN 2: IDL (Throttle Closed Sense)

PIN 3: VTA (Throttle Position Sensor)

PIN 4: VC (Variable Position Sense)

I believe the pinout should be this for my Haltech:

Haltech Pinout:

Sensor Ground Via ECU : PIN 1

TPS Signal: PIN 4

+ 5v: PIN 3??

I don't know if this is correct and not sure if the 5v power should go to PIN 3. Also should the ground for the 4 pin TPS be grounded to the head or like my ECU says and it is switched signal ground?

Nik

Yes you should use a sensor earth from the ecu.

If you use a multimeter set to ohms you can work out what is what. Two of the pins will show a fixed resistance regardless of throttle position, these are the earth and 5v supply and it doesnt matter which was is which (assuming here that your Haltech software has a TPS calibration feature which will automatically adjust for the span). One of the other pins will show are varied output right across the span sweep - this is the output to the ecu. IDL pin isn't used.

Hope this helps.