Rory's Repped Sportif, nearly there...

So about a month ago i scrapped my SR project as i bought a new daily which was a Lexus IS200, i just didnt have the time at weekends to tinker with a non roadworthy SR in need of Clutch and a major service as well as trying to make my new daily a drifter.

Well that all went to shit when my Lexus engine died on Friday. I was stuck in Portsmouth so i left my car on my military base and got the train home.

After a frantic search for a cheap Starlet and after being let down and bullshitted to i finally parted ways with a few hundred quid and ended up with a Starlet S.

It was no looker and its very easily identifiable for those of you that keep on eye on Gumtree and ebay etc. The headlights used to be tinted yellow along with the indicator lenses, the bonnet was wrapped in a really bad carbon and the wind mirrors and fuel flap were sticker bombed about as well as a 5 year old doing paper mache, oh and somebody though painting the bubble lights black was a good idea too. It looked like this...

11650957_10206539567789707_280297381_n_z

11651239_10206539567909710_873325578_n_z

Not my cup of tea at all, but i looked past all that and thought it would be great as a car to commute in until i can afford a newer car.

The Turborevs backbox is massive and loud as fuck! So that needs to go as soon as possible.

The first thing i did was remove all the wrap, and then i cleaned it so it. The front tyres had no tread on them at all, so a quick call and i managed to borrow a temp set of whels until i get the Rotas a new set of rubber. So it then looked like this...

20150621_193613_zpszfmz2lxc.jpg

20150621_193623_zpsivkwyhyk.jpg

20150621_193634_zpsf7abbvbf.jpg

20150621_193653_zpsdktbwujj.jpg

20150621_193701_zps2clxg1wp.jpg

20150621_194024_zpsbjhpwsth.jpg

20150621_194654_zpscq0vglpf.jpg

So a new bonnet is needed or i can just try nd smooth and buff the current one, new petrol flap needed, new tryes for the rotas, steroe needed along with surround, wheel allignment is all over the place so that needs sorting, exhaust needs rid, and a general tighten up of loose stuff and i'll be happy for now.

Now i'm back at work i took the oppourtunity to park next to my dead Lexus...

20150622_175942_zpsribitnoi.jpg

I had some oem starletrear lights in the boot of the Lexus too so they went straight on as soon as i got back...

20150622_175929_zps7peim0o2.jpg

Just look at the size of this thing, it has to go asap!...

20150622_132509_zpsnntrujsn.jpg

Edited by RoryWebb432
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't tell you how much I dislike this exhaust! I've got a TTE backbox waiting at home for me so I can't wait to get that on. Needs a good polish.

There could also be a massive change to the exterior soon.

What changes!! :)

there was potential for me to get a full Varis kit in red but unfortunately its not going to happen. would have been great as it would have been a complete different look overnight. It's not happening now though so more brainstorming needed

• 2 weeks later...

So i had to get rid of the crazy loud backbox. it was just driving me insane. it might have been ok had the silencer not been removed form the centre section. So i set out to put my TTE backbox on and i went to eurocarparts and bought a replacement centre section. £30 for a new centre section isnt bad.

20150704_105753_zpsskscaixp.jpg

after messing about with lining it up etc i ended up with this...

20150704_124727_zpsakacvezn.jpg

not ideal but at least the exhaust was all on and fitted. the replacement clamp for the backbox to centre section was to small, well the bolts were anyway so i had o bodge it on with some metal cable tie things for now until i can get to Toyota parts department.

Anyone noticed the interior update too?? GT seats, picked them up for £40 the pair, didnt mind the 2 hour drive to get them, they feel much better. i'll get better pictures

I went up to Wednesbury at the weekend as i was after a replacement bootlid, a friend up there had some super cheap parts and his mate also had some free parts. this i what i managed to get. all at a cost of £40!

20150705_154123_zpszgcuahv3.jpg

20150706_180146_zps13vpixeg.jpg

20150706_180158_zps0pl82hvy.jpg

20150706_180207_zpsxkfs0i8u.jpg

20150706_180218_zpsia0gyvqv.jpg

20150706_180229_zpspx5eejxb.jpg

20150706_180239_zpsql4dtg0n.jpg

20150706_180428_zps0aakvg1l.jpg

Bootlid has had the lock removed and isn't quite smooth, but its better thn my dented one as i think it was letting in water. The Glanza bumper needs smoothing/filling as its warped from a hot exhaust and it needs a bit of repair to one of the bolt holes and then paint.

I also got a Glanza rear spoiler in silver which will again, obviously need paint. I want a Glanza number plate recess but i'm not sure wether to just buy a Glanza bootlid as i don't fancy cutting into it to fit it. But that's the rear end nearly there once all the bits have been repaired/painted. Now to source a Glanza front end and skirts!

Excuse the wheel mismatch. my tyres havent arrived yet

thats going to be sweet dude :) will you be keeping it red?

yes mate, keeping it red. i think the red glanzas look great if done right, my favourite colour for them. i'm just gona go for a 98 spec kit i reckon. not too fussed on aftermarket kits, especially if its staying n/a for the time being

98 spec red glanza rep will look mint dude! :) i bought a glanza boot lid so i had all the oem fittings for the reg surround spoiler etc just to make sure everything fits properly, also the boot will have been sealed properly from factory so it shdnt rot around where you cut out for the reverse lights etc! :)

98 spec red glanza rep will look mint dude! :) i bought a glanza boot lid so i had all the oem fittings for the reg surround spoiler etc just to make sure everything fits properly, also the boot will have been sealed properly from factory so it shdnt rot around where you cut out for the reverse lights etc! :)

ye mate. i'll keep an eye out for a glanza bootlid i reckon. rather do that than worry about sawing away at my n/a bootlid

ha ok, so i found another front bumper thats already in red but a 96 spec so i've got that bought so i ve sold the above bumper on already to fund it.

Glanza headlights purchased, but the housing is damaged and some of the clip mounts are broken (plastic weld i think)

Number plate recess in black purchased awaiting delivery

SR clocks purchased awaiting delivery (plug and play on a 98 sportif or do i need to fuck it up?)

Found some side skirts in black that i may be collecting sunday.

so now i just need to get a glanza bonnet. and pay somebody to prep and paint all my parts red .

I'm gonna hold off for a while though as ive spent too much money the last few weeks on this car. I'm gona do some interior work that's cost effective until i can afford to get my parts painted