Battery relocation

Right guys it might be a bad idea but could I use the live wire from a amp wiring kit to reallocate my battery? It come from a 2000watt amp kit

Edited by Ep82gi

What size is the cable?

Is it thicker than your battery cable? If so yes, just make good connections

Thanks for the reply Marc

It's about the same size if I'm honest dude only difference I can see is the coating used on it.

Okay mate I will

Do thank you very much is it as simple as just running the live from the battery under the car and connecting it to the live that would of been connected to the battery in the bay? Then earth it to a strut bolt in the back? What do I do with the earths that come off thee battery in the bay? Take them all out?

2 AWG should be fine. Im looking to do mine shortly.

Are people running inline fuses / circuit breakers? Heard people have just extended the wires and had no issues but wanted to check to see what others have done :)

i have a fuse on the battery side and a kill switch in the bay. fuse for protection obv and kill switch makes it nice and easy when working on the car also made joining the battery cable and new cable nice and easy as it had to terminals that they just connected on. has actualy had alot of bonuses which i didnt think of either

Some 0 gauge or 2 gauge wire will be fine. Find a decent place to locate an earth in the boot and you will have no problems. Don't forget to make a bigger earth from the engine to the chassis as the cable will have gone from the negative on the original battery setup. I've got a kill switch in the car with 20 amp fuse bypassing it for the alarm. If you go to a auto electrical component suppliers and ask for 175 amp cable that will also be sufficient.

Some 0 gauge or 2 gauge wire will be fine. Find a decent place to locate an earth in the boot and you will have no problems. Don't forget to make a bigger earth from the engine to the chassis as the cable will have gone from the negative on the original battery setup. I've got a kill switch in the car with 20 amp fuse bypassing it for the alarm. If you go to a auto electrical component suppliers and ask for 175 amp cable that will also be sufficient.

Thanks buddy how can I tell what gauge cable it is? Thanks for the advise I'll get this done tomorrow

I've been wanting to do mine for so long. What's the best way to secure the battery back there? I was thinking of chipping out the old battery tray once it's done to neaten the bay out

I drilled holes in the boot,got a battery clamp with some threaded bar and bolted up both ends

• 2 weeks later...

Go to a breakers and ask for any bmw battery lines. There in the boot and you can get everything you need cheap :)

Not sure the model mine came from but had fuses build into the cables, there longer cars so length will be fine too

I like that Idea mate