Alot of people recommend the VW sump sealant. Thats what i used. Just make sure both surfaces are super clean and all old sealant is gone. I also left the bolts finger tight then torqued them when the sealant was dry. If you spend your time prepping and use a fair bit of sealant theres no reason it should leak

Alot of people recommend the VW sump sealant. Thats what i used. Just make sure both surfaces are super clean and all old sealant is gone. I also left the bolts finger tight then torqued them when the sealant was dry. If you spend your time prepping and use a fair bit of sealant theres no reason it should leak

When you say VW sealant, do you mean the sealant VW sell or what?

Basically, most will work, it's just a bitch of a job to do. Starting with removing the sump, to the cleaning of the two surfaces, to refitting. It's horrible, especially if you're laid under the car doing it on axle stands.

Basically, most will work, it's just a bitch of a job to do. Starting with removing the sump, to the cleaning of the two surfaces, to refitting. It's horrible, especially if you're laid under the car doing it on axle stands.

I can already imagine this is gonna be a bitch. Luckily the engine isn't in the car, so shouldn't be as bad :)