yuh but the NA pistons have an extra 2mm on them hence the 2mm HG so with a 1.9mm it would be raising the compression as its thinner then required??

But to get the C/R exactly the same you'd need a gasket that was as thick as a standard FTE gasket +2mm extra?

Not sure how thick the standard FTE gasket is, but for arguments sake say 1mm. Therefore you'd need a 3mm gasket to keep the C/R exactly the same as the FTE.

Surely the 2mm won't make a world of difference anyway, a small increase in C/R may be slightly beneficial in the scheme of things?

Edited by uberphil88

But to get the C/R exactly the same you'd need a gasket that was as thick as a standard FTE gasket +2mm extra?

Not sure how thick the standard FTE gasket is, but for arguments sake say 1mm. Therefore you'd need a 3mm gasket to keep the C/R exactly the same as the FTE.

Surely the 2mm won't make a world of difference anyway, a small increase in C/R may be slightly beneficial in the scheme of things?

yeh thats a good point didnt think of that, i was only taking into account the extra height of the FHE pistons, does anyone even do anything over a 2mm gasket?

will be interesting lag wise to see how the higher compression works, colin has done this before so i have high hopes :)

Don't worry too much about getting the CR the same, if that was the case you'd be more inclined to change the pistons, as changing the headgasket is a crude way of altering the CR.

Like Phil has just mentioned, the increase in CR is beneficial anyway, otherwise may as well just run an FTE (in my eyes).

Don't go too thick on the gasket as it increases it's chances of blowing. Like I said it's a crude method.

Edited by AdamB

I ran the TRD 0.6mm on my N/A conversion and even though I'm currently converting to a forged bottom end I shall be using another TRD 0.6mm head gasket. The fun of turboing an N/A is the higher compression and faster spool up. So unless your going big turbo and big power you don't need the thicker head gasket. Rob H runs the TRD Head gaskets on a forged 4efe and I know his motor makes serious power.

I ran the TRD 0.6mm on my N/A conversion and even though I'm currently converting to a forged bottom end I shall be using another TRD 0.6mm head gasket. The fun of turboing an N/A is the higher compression and faster spool up. So unless your going big turbo and big power you don't need the thicker head gasket. Rob H runs the TRD Head gaskets on a forged 4efe and I know his motor makes serious power.

no need to forge when you have a 5efhe :p

take it you dont consider td04 a big turbo?

Edited by turbominicooper

amigo for your setup do use the bigger gasket makes life easier for our little black box :) :) better safe then sorry on a oem bottom end if u have to take out base timing your loosing bhp so whats the point thats just my 2c

Edited by 5e colin

amigo for your setup do use the bigger gasket makes life easier for our little black box :) :) better safe then sorry on a oem bottom end if u have to take out base timing your loosing bhp so whats the point thats just my 2c

I do agree with this, ignition advance > compression ratio.