Uk spec 4efe in glanza s import

Ok so I've been told my valve stem seels have gone and i dont want to be rebuilding the engine so im giving up on this engine,

So would a uk spec engine fit stright in and me have no running issues with my glanza s ecu as i beleive the ecu is different.

Or is a 5efe a Possibilty?

Thanks

Jason

I would change the engine to, if your valve stem seels have gone what's next? I wouldn't waste anymore money on a high mileage worn out engine when you can PIC a good low mileage one up or even better stick a turbo one in there:-)

To answer your question yes a UK 4EFE will fit in a Glanza S and run fine.

Just make sure you use the S fueling setup.

4EFEs can be picked up for like 50 quid and swapped in a few hours.

Or buy the special tool and do the stem seals with the head on.

Great thanks for the replies :) what would i Need to swap over from the fueling system?

Injectors because they are different and also ive heard the fuel pressure regulator is slightly different so swap that too. Its attached to the fuel rail so just transfer the lot as one.

And the glanza has a knock sensor and the UK doesn't have it. So you have to switch your knock sensor over to the UK spec engine. Also swap the mani over otherwise you'd be loosing some power too. Some glanza s have dis ignition and some use the same as the UK spec ignition. So no big deals only things you have to swap from your glanza engine