I r t3h noobs - Air Filter Relocation Ideas

Right - first off, shuttup to the n00bs, I can't have the airfilter going round the Radiator, cause in the Paseo/Cynos, there's just no space for it! :p

Anyway, the only way I can have a filter on there now is either to go above and where the Powersteering Reservoir used to be, or down below by the fender well. Issue though - I bought up all the parts to get it down by the fender well, using a 38-51mm Reducer elbow from the turbo...but it didn't fit. Like, at all. Well, ok, I lie, it did....but without the oil filter. But I don't know how - will car be t3h alright with no oil filter?? Kthxbai x

But yeah - after bleeding a lot from the stupid heat wrap ties, I just gave up on it. What would be the best bet short of relocating the oil filter? Would a 40mm elbow squeeze past and under the oil filter or not? It would look retarded using a 40mm elbow - 40-51mm reducer and 51-63mm reducer, but it seems the way. OR how about the initial idea of by the engine mount, what pipe angles would be needed?

It provides the very best in filtration, rivalling that of an Apexi filter! Chiken wirez ftw tbfh. Failing that - run it without an oil filter innit, just zip tie a plastic bag in place instead innit :s

Haha in all seriousness, I cant remember what your engine bay looked like so not sure where you could run it? Hmm..

you'll be like the perfect partner for my car then, halps :wacko: I was thinking of cutting up the intake H&S made me, but even I haven't got the balls to cut apart a glorified piece of tubing that cost £75...Plus have you heard a CT9 with no air filter? Gayest thing ever, sounds like Alvin the Chipmunk letting out a pleasure scream...not nice

Hmm, this is gay, dunno how to do this