Gt running too cold

So I pulled the air con out at the weekend and put in my civic rad, now my gt seems to get cold while driving. Gets up to temp when stood still but driving along cools it down.

Never did this before so it won't be thermostat, is it to do with the sensor out of the a/c? Without it plugged in the fan was always on,.

Or something else?

I would still check your thermostat as the first point of call, the fan running when driving shouldn't make that much difference as there is plenty of air already going through. To me it deffo sounds like the thermostat sticking open

I know it sounds like the thermostat but it's happened directly from taking the a/c out and changing the rad, fan isn't on constantly as I have the sensor out of the a/c pipe plugged in, I'm wondering if that has anything to do with it as I didn't just bridge it

I know it sounds like the thermostat but it's happened directly from taking the a/c out and changing the rad, fan isn't on constantly as I have the sensor out of the a/c pipe plugged in, I'm wondering if that has anything to do with it as I didn't just bridge it

I left mine plugged in and didn't bridge it but i did have this issue when i removed my aircon. It was the thermostat. they're cheap to replace so might be worth just trying a new one, or test yours in a cup of boiling water only 4 bolts to remove it iirc

Ah right ok, strange coincidence that it was fine before, are they same as a uk spec thermostat? because obviously no parts factors will have a clue what the car is

But yes I bled all the system, did used to be a mechanic a few years ago aha

Edited by dan106

It'll be one of those situations where it was all fine, but by changing one thing, it's disturbed the rest. For the few quid they cost, and the quick job, I would just change it to be sure