manual ecu, auto gearbox - wont select gears??

so as in the title I have a 4efte on an auto box.

the auto box worked fine before the turbo engine transplant.

im running the 4efte ecu and have compared pin outs to the auto and all is fine.

the engine does start however the gearbox won't drive??

is this something weird with the ecu or something mechanical I haven't put on properly?

all cables and plugs are back on.

any help great thanks

The components inside are missing for the auto box inside the MT ecu. I know I've pulled them apart to compare them. Did you also put an auto glanza loom in for the knock sensor and separate coil pack ign amp?

Edited by lukEp

k so as mentioned above the car does star/ revs etc just doesnt engage the gearbox.

the gearbox is able to select through all the gears however does not move.

i have been looking into the auto boxes, torque converter etc and have noted that the fluids are a massive cause for concern wether low or old...

i remember when i first stripped the engine the torque converter leaked a lot of fluid so i imagine (hope) this is the reason for non movenment.

anyone know off top of there head how much ATF the gearbox takes so i can flush and renew?

cheers

It has dip stick. Fit it to full, start engine select all gears, stop engine, check level, fill if necessary, start engine, select all gears again, check level top up if needed.......and again and again till it stays at top level.

Edited by lukEp