Wossner Pistons

Firstly, these pistons arent for a starlet but there isn't alot of info out there for gttis and didnt know where to ask.

I have a set of wossner forged pistons that were custom made to fit the standard bore. However ive tried two blocks and the clearances are at 6thou despite being standard bore size. The pistona do slap when cold and but before stripped the engine didn't smoke.

Wossner have very little info on the pistons as they were custom made and cost £990!! Going off the clearance given by wossner for starlets 0.07mm these are double that.

I wouldnt like to reuse those wossner pistons with all that pitting from det. The only other option i can think of is to sleeve the block, which would be costly. Or you could trawl through wossners catalgue and find a set of pistons off another engine that are slightly bigger, and then have them machined to fit.

Machine shop said its likely debris caused it and they can smooth,polish and balance them all up. There is very little out there that fits. Theres some honda pistons but drop the conpression a fair bit. And untested pistons from italy

Have the cylinders been machined at all or have you just dropped them straight in the bores and measured?

Do you have a spec sheet for them at all? Reason I ask is it might state on there the material being used, I'm sure that Wossner tend to use 4032 Alloy which contains more Silicon to enable tighter clearances and less slap, however if 2618 are used they expand much more and might be the reason for the larger clearance until upto operating temperature.

2618 pistons are generally recommended for high load / race use only, realisticly due to the noise, oil consumption etc.

Edited by AdamB

The cylinders should be standard size as removed standard pistons and rods from them. I believe the machine shop must have measured the pistons then the bores as the engine is in pieces.

I have no spec sheet as they were in the car when i bought them and they were custom specced from wossner. The engine slapped from

Cold but at temp was normally. No oil use or smoke and this as on the other block with even bigger clearances