Tax:

N/A

MOT:

October 2016

Mileage:

123k miles on car

10k miles on engine

Description:

For sale is my much loved Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution I've GSR. I will be genuinely sad to see this car go but due to the arrival of our first child I could do with freeing up some funds so unfortunately the Evo has to go.

I bought the car in March 2014 off fellow MLR member “wardie”

Wardie bought the car April 2008, in 2010 the original engine failed with crank walk so a fully forged Evo 8 MR engine was built and installed by Mat @ MG Autos along with all supporting modifications.

Clocks were converted on import in 2007 at 157,951km (98,719 miles), currently on 182,620 so total mileage on the car 123,388 miles. Engine was installed at 172,245 so total mileage on engine is 10,375 miles. This may increase slightly as I still use the car when I get chance.

Majority of the work has been carried out before I purchased the car and mostly by MG Autos.

It passed the MOT 3rd October with no advisories, the oil and filter was also changed at the same time, I change this every 6 months as the car does very little mileage. The 45,000 mile service was carried out September 2014. It is solely used as a weekend car and doesn't go out in bad weather if avoidable. It has only ever been run on Shell V-power as this is what it was mapped on.

The car was dyno'd at 394bhp/390lbft by the previous owner. I took it on a rolling road day in May this year at Noble Motorsport and recorded 380bhp/371lbft, dyno operator said that the actuator was dropping boost so I had MG Autos install an uprated one along with 3 port boost solenoid, the car was then road mapped by Mat.I don't have any further dyno graphs as it was road mapped but it is noticeably faster than it was before! Mat estimated the car to be "well into the 400's, around 420 at a guess". I was planning on taking the car back to the same dyno in November to get a new printout and a fair comparison.

There are a couple of things I would point out as I prefer to be honest when describing my car.

There is a knocking coming from the rear of the car, this has been pinpointed by MG Autos to the rear coilovers, it is currently on Tein's these are getting on a bit and are quite harsh for our roads so I have purchased a brand new set of MeisterR Zeta R coilovers, however I haven't got round to fitting these yet but with a new born baby finding time is difficult at the moment. If I don’t manage to get them fitted then the new coilovers will obviously go with car.

Driverside seat bolster has worn.

Bodywork is in very good condition for age except for the front splitter which unfortunately glanced a speed bump and has cracked it, its not overly noticeable as its just off centre where the splitter meets the bumper. The bonnet does have stone chips and a few small dents, this was like it when I got the car but it never bothered me but thought i'd mention it.

Spec of the car:

Internal Engine Specs and details:

Evo 8 MR FQ engine
Skunk 2 Camshafts
Brian Crower I Beam steel rods
CP Forged pistons
Mitsubishi Oil pump
Mitsubishi Water pump
Mitsubishi Belts and pulleys
Mitsubishi Gaskets and seals
Up rated Lifters
ARP Head studs
ARP Mains
ACL Race bearings
MG Auto spec Ported and polished cylinder head and up rated valve springs
New valves
Lightened, lapped and polished crank by John Wilcox RC
Evo 4 Sump
NGK BPR8ES Spark plugs
Millers 10w/40 FS Competition Oil

Engine externals:

Hel Performance turbo oil line feed and filter – (Head feed blanked)
Hel Performance Large 19 Row FM oil cooler wirh S/S Braided hoses and Aeroquip fittings
Powder coated blue rocker cover with 2 x -10 breather outlets by Neverneverman
Neverneverman oil breather and catch tank system with powder coated tank and aeroquip hose and fittings
Blue silicone hoses throughout for coolant and turbo pipe work

Turbo and exhaust:

Evo 9 80 Series Turbo

Turbosmart uprated actuator

Ported Evo8 MR OEM exhaust manifold and heat wrapped
Ported turbo elbow
Magnex turbo back 3” exhaust system with 5” tail pipe

Fuel and Air:

Walbro 255L fuel pump – hard wired
Large powder coated hard pipe turbo intake and large cone air filter
750 CC RC Fuel Injectors
Tial Anodised blue BOV
Large front mounted intercooler and hard pipe work throughout

Transmission / Drive train:

Exedy up rated Evo 9 Clutch kit
Evo 9 Flywheel
Evo 4 Driveshafts
Evo 6 Gearbox
Evo 6 Transfer Box
Evo 8 MR Rear AYC Diff

Management and Electronics:

Evo 7 ECU – Remapped by Mat @ MG AUTOS with Ecuflash

3 Port boost solenoid
Gizzmo boost controller
STACK 2bar boost gauge
Battery relocated to boot

Pioneer headunit

Kenwood speakers throughout and door tweeters

Suspension, Wheels, Tyres and Brakes:

Tein coilovers / MeisterR Zeta coilovers

J-Speed front strut brace
Fast road set up by MG AUTOS
Speedline Corse GT-1 alloy wheels

Toyo Proxes T1R tyres
Evo 9 BREMBO front and rear calipers
Godspeed grooved discs

Godspeed Kevlar pads
Hel performance S/S braided caliper brake lines
Polybushed engine and gearbox mounts

Polybushed rear diff mounts

Interior/Exterior:

Suede Sparco steering wheel and Lifeline motorsport snap off adaptor
Tinted rear windows and rear screen
Fire extinguisher

Evo V rear lights

Fully under sealed for protection in the UK

Spares Included:

CAT convertor

Custom made silenced decat

Original Evo I've rear lights

Evo V original alloys, need tyres and ideally a refurb

Brand new set of red steel wheel nuts

Rear strut brace

I think thats everything I can think of, car does have substantial security but i'd prefer to discuss that on viewing.

As you can see by the spec alot of work and money has been spent on this car and I have a huge file full of receipts etc and im sure the guys at MG Autos would also give some feedback on the car if you were to get in touch with them and mention my MLR username Paulgtt or Paul Atkinson.

Im based in Grantham, Lincolnshire and currently on paternity leave from work so if you are interested in viewing than anytime in the next week and half would be ideal.

Please feel free to ask any questions and if there are any photos in particular then please ask.

Price £7000 as per above advert.
Price £6600 as per above advert but without MeisterR coilovers.
NO OFFERS ON THESE PRICES

If you’re interested then please do let me know and il pass on my number if you wanted a chat about it.

Price:
£7000

Pictures:

Evo1_zps569e6658.jpg

Evo3_zps51f9e47f.jpg

IMG_0580_zpstfnwanyg.jpg

Brace%201_zpsjatjk4nl.jpg

Brace%202_zpsbi474xxk.jpg

Under2_zps045b6d8d.jpg

Contact Details:

PM

Edited by paulgtt

Ok, let's have alook, a good standard Evo 4 is around £4000 so you reckon you can build a car to this spec for £3500?

The engine build alone was £4000.

If you think it's expensive than that's your opinion but most people would realise a car with this sort of spec isn't going to be cheap.

Cheers mate, im actually going to drop the price slightly as need it gone.

Price £7000 as per above advert.
Price £6600 as per above advert but without MeisterR coilovers.
NO OFFERS ON THESE PRICES