Starlet gt stripped weight

Mine minus doors, interior wiring loom and fuel tank weighed 728kgs

I think we weighed the doors with glass, window motors, etc at ~25kgs each, wiring loom will be a couple of kilos, maybe less there's not a lot of it left. I think 750 is achievable, wouldn't want to be used much on the road at that weight though.

I've not weighed mine since I replaced the glass with plastics, there is also scope to replace panels with fiberglass ones, such as the front wings, bonnet and rear hatch.

They are a light car, wouldn't want to have a big crash in one that's for sure.

Edited by TimD

I think the on the road weight is around 840-860kgs area. Sunroof aircon eleccy mirrors etc all add weight. You might get a poverty spec one down to the 800kgs from factory. But as above with a diet. Then you can go extreme, i think one of the drag guys was around the 700 mark back in the day.

Yeah youd probably be looking at around 800 most the time but with some effort you could get lower. sound deadening can weight quite a lot, Decent lightweight alloys, I've saved 5kgs a wheel from that alone!

The smaller things seats, steering wheel, manual windows or perspex instead of electric. Manual mirrors, Radio/speakers.

Abs system, aircon, coilovers weight less than stock. Exhaust. Blah blah

Really does depend how far you wanna go, also bear in mind some mods you do will add a bit of weight, like some of the turbo kits are pretty heavy, cages, loads of braces, things like evo recaros are heavy compared to GT seats.

So it really pays to strip a lot of shit out.

My 85 sits at 880kg (with 4wd system), so im pretty chuffed with that for now.