sorry if this has been posted in the wrong place.

Been having an issues with boosting today. Bit of background on the car. 98 glanza V. TDo4 turbo mapped buy TD to 210hp running Gizzmo boost controller.

High boost @ 0.91BAR @ 210hp and low boost @ 0.74BAR @ 178hp (standard internals I Believe)

foot down on low boost (0.74) and it will go straight the way up to peak boost and hold no bother. but if i switch to high boost (0.91) and go flat out and hold the throttle in 4th & 5th (sometimes 3rd) it feels like its boosting in stages. Gauge (for example) will go from 0.00 to 0.78 to 0.54 to 0.86 and will then hold at 0.91 and drop again and start going up and down in stages.

Anyone have any idea what this could be?

any help would be great

First thing I would look at is the Gizzmo boost controller mate... There terrible for holding boost IMO.. Ive had one on my Glanza and on an S14 and they were really poor.

Are you running external wastegate?. If so, I would put a 0.9 bar spring in there and run the turbo directly off wastegate pressure and see if that changes anything. You could do the same if you are using an adjustable actuator, wind it out to 0.9 and run it off that.

That's my first go to mate!

Matt

Jizzmo EBCs are shite mate, that would be the main problem.

Nothing wrong with an internal gate on a TD04, they just arent as good at regulating boost as an external wastegste.

EWG with a good EBC like an AVCR (set up properly) and you'll have no boosting issues :)