Coolant tank filling

tried a new rad cap. i had this once on a long run, stopped at a garage for fuel and noticed a puddle looked and the tank was over flowing, changed the cap for a 1.3bar blitz one and it was fine ever since.

I had exactly the same issue in the White V.. Pulled up at the first meet point at JF a few years back and was full with puddle all under and Pink splatter in the bay... Changed the cap for a 1.3bar and it stopped doing it :)

It's got a D1 Spec rad cap fitted to it at the moment, not sure if it's 1.1 or 1.3bar, I'll have to double check.

It seems to be pushing water into the expansion tank, but then not pulling it back through as the radiator is low too.

I guess then, the first thing I need to do is check that there are or aren't any gasses getting into the system?

If there are, it's either the head gasket, or something more terminal.

Cheers, sending the head off to be tested and skimmed if necessary. Once that's been given the OK I'll look at ordering the bits to reassemble next weekend!

Obviously if the head is knackered it's back to the drawing board and Silverstone on the 16th is off the cards. Hopefully that's not the case though!

xLV4G5xh.jpg

Got the head off, some very slight damage to the gasket, and some weird deformation, what does everything else think?

I can now see why you suggested a Athena gasket Socks!

Head is away to be tested, hopefully get the findings later today.