Subaru seats on GT rails

Hello guys I have just managed to get a pair of Subaru seats still on there own rails, is there a safe way or write up somewhere or people have done it, to put the Subaru seats on the GT rails or have the Subaru seats and Subaru rails to fit like the starlet GT starlet rails, I know people might say to buy the actual rails to fit, but as always am looking for ways to save money, hope this all makes sense and appreciate the help.

Thanks Pat

Wow that is bloody fantastic rota boost mate thankyou so much for that info, there's me thinking it could be a nightmare but knowing I can just leave the Subaru seats on there own rails and 3 holes fit perfect and just sort the forth hole out like you said is definitely less headache thankyou mate this is really appreciated

Thanks pat

Oh I'm not sure Colin mate a family member had them stored away for ages to use in an off road jeep but doesn't need them anymore is there any code or numbers etc on the rails to tell?

Looking on line my ones are from a Subaru Impreza Wrx 92-01 model 4 door saloon

These are not my actual ones below but they are the same model colour etc

89AB0AED-0916-4090-8F21-C03F7A47423C.png

Edited by patman

Not sure mate, I just cut the feet off the gt seats, welded two flat bars across the width of the seat to mount the feet onto. Granted doing it this way raises the seat slightly but it hasn't bothered me as I'm not the tallest of blokes 😅

John

• 2 weeks later...

Update on these seats: bolted the 2 rear feet into the holes then had to chop the 2 front feet off, then lined it up with the 2 front holes with the rails then a very good strong weld. On each front feet, so basically your chopping off the 2 front feel and moving them back a few inches

Still not fitted yet, should be in the next week or two as can't get there due to time and work, I'm gonna be putting my own seat belt clips on, these ones haven't got any on, I'm hoping the bolts which hold the seat belt clips on the GT seats are the same size bolt holes on the Subaru seats

Edited by patman