New Starlet 1.3 4EFE for Sprinting

Hey,

Just bought a 1.3 Starlet 3efe Solida for sprinting.

Will be competing in the Toyota Sprint Series in the new E Class for up to 1330CC NA cars. :)

Going to strip it, decent brakes and suspension. Not going to chase power as its an NA engine and i've got my other car for big power.

Anyone that has any tips or tricks for getting it ready for track i'd be interested :)

Thanks Jay

Welcome along, couple of cheap mods can be done to free up some power even if you're not chasing it.

Turbo or corolla inlet manifold can add good response along with a good cai

Stripping it is an obvious one.

Turbo brakes are easy to come across, only really need the caliper carriers and turbo discs. There is some other options if you want thicker or bigger than oem discs.

Antilift caster kit, i found this gave a better turn in on my car

Rear anti roll bar is recommended by a lot of people.

Depends on budget shocks/springs or coilovers?

Tyres.

Braces.

Geo.

Thanks for the welcome,

I don't want to put too much money into the car as it'll just mean I start to love it a bit too much to drive on track and risk crashing!

I've got another car which I heavily mod and pour my money into!

But will spend money when it gains handing, response or braking! First thing this weekend was stripping any silly weight like, trims, speakers and spare wheel etc!

I'll be looking to put an exhaust on to free up a bit and the corolla manifold but havn't been able to find one fro sale yet.

Suspension wise i'm probably just going to start with a sensible set of springs and a subtle drop. Then I will keep my eye out for some coilovers.

I've got a full set of new discs, steel brake lines, pads and fluid ready to go on.

Will look into the rear roll bar and anti lift kit :)

Thanks Again

Ah I think you s just missed out on two sets of bc coilies recently- I had my eye on them but just havnt got the money at the min with the exhaust being built. Corolla manis seem hard to come by at the min- every crappy I call or message doesn't seem to have one.

He plans sound great :) you'll fall for the car no matter how much money you put into it but it doesn't mean you can't drive it hard! Get some pics up when you get the chance