On my mark2 GT after fitting new engine the clutch has been iffy after taking it on small spins. It will be fine, I would go for a 5minute drive and on the way back the gearbox would feel notchy and not smooth. I have drained the system of the old fluid, replaced the slave cylinder and bled the system numerous times. I can get gears but have to really put pressure on clutch pedal to get a gear. The clutch was an Oem Toyota clutch and pp with loads of life left and I put new oil in the gearbox. When pressing the clutch there is a weird ticking noise like something is gently tapping something inside the bell housing. Any suggestions tips will be a great help. Thanks

may need to remove gearbox...maybe throw out bearing or something not sitting properly or even clutch/pp itself

best to inspect it

maybe let someone press the clutch while you take a look at the gearbox and fork to see if you hear/see anything wrong

• 4 weeks later...

I had a similar problem. The clutch disc itself was warped slightly meaning the clutch was never fully disengaged. Made it slightly difficult to select gears from a standstill, not too bad when moving, and a ticking noise from the disk touching the pressure plate