Trouble Inserting Rear Pistons

Hi there,

Wondering if anyone has any advice on how to proceed.

I've been refurbing the rear end of car, which has included a lovely respray of the rear arm, poly bushes and a nice Cusco adjustable Pan hard :D

_20151114_151124_zpsbevyhd1d.jpg

:D Love the job they done on the rear arm.

But have come to reassembling the rear calipers and am having massive difficulty inserting the pistons back into the caliper.

Not only are they ridiculously hard to get back in, they don't seem to be latching onto the screw and thus the caliper rewind kit isn't helping, well I broke it and it was brand new so I am annoyed.

It's got to the point where I think I may have to take it to a garage to do the final stepping stone.

So to sum up,

• Piston seems unreasonbly hard to actually get into the caliper

• Once a piston was in it was latching onto the thread

• Piston is now refusing to come out, may need to get it blown out with an air compressor.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

where the handbrake cable goes on to the caliper PULL that open like you have the handbrake on FULL and turn the piston into the caliper NOT push it in different to the front calipers.

Cheers, Yes I can invision that thanks.

That's almost to say my caliper rewind kit isn't much use since that very much PUSHES. I am slightly concerned I may have damaged the caliper, and I don't want to find out once it's on the car...if that makes sense.

I know what you're saying about the handbrake though. That makes sense so I will give that a go when I'm next in the garage.

Thank you.

What I do is put the caliper in the vice and get a 19in spanner and Lock a vice grips on to it and turn the piston into to the caliper. I use a hammer Lightly to start and work with it with the spanner. Have a go it will work.

• 2 weeks later...