I know this is a starlet forum but maybe someone can help. Ive got a 95 trueno gtz that keeps failing the nct because the CO reading at just under 3000rpm is too high. Now if you bring it up to 3090rpm its perfect but the nct centre won't do this. Does anyone here know how I can bring this reading down. I've tried butchering my air filter with a Stanley knife to leave more air in and it helped a bit but not enough. Is there any way to ingage the supercharger at say 2500rpm just for the test so it'll lean out the mix. Any advise would be much appreciated.

CO relates to fuelling, youre running a bit rich.

Give the car a fuckin roasting before its tested, make sure its right up to temp, cars run richer when they are cold.

Do you have an adjustable FPR? If turn it down a wee bit just to get you by.

Try taking the air filter off if you can, this will allow more air in.

Do you have a CAT on the car?

O2 sensor ok?

Coolant temp sensor ok?

I reddened the bollox off it before the test. Drove there in 3rd gear. I tried explaining to him that if he reved it a little bit higher the supercharger engages and leans out the mix and the CO reading would go way down and he looked at me like I've 2 heads.I was hoping to find a way to engage the electic clutch sooner. CO at 2920rpm is 0.94%, CO at 3090rpm is 29%. Anything over 30% is a fail. I've an fpr for my starlet I might through into her for the test but I don't like the idea of running it too lean either.

Edited by DamianGemmell