"smoking ad from the back" wtf? :S

dunno what you were trying to say there, but if it's smoking it could be that it's burning oil

sorry thats what i meant . so how could i fix it. and is it seriouse

Does it happen when the car has been running for ages?

Or is it only when you start it?

If it still smokes when it's been running for a while I'd say you're most probably burning oil.

Whens it smoke, on first startup? After its reached running temp? when you put youre foot down?

Need more info bud then we can help :angry:

Craig.

Was ok at start up and realised the smoke 10 mins later, was white smoke but not reeeallly thick but smelt of petrol/kinda burning oil ?

I think white smoke means it's burning water but im not 100% on that. Personally id give the engine a good service. New spark plugs, oil filter, air filter, flush out all the old oil and put some GTX magnatec in it.

Then if it still is doing the same you might have a bigger problem.

Bourkey

Was ok at start up and realised the smoke 10 mins later, was white smoke but not reeeallly thick but smelt of petrol/kinda burning oil ?

99% sure you're burning oil

might wanna check the oil

do you have service history and other things? how many miles on the car?

but I'd rather go by what other people are saying, I can only make assumptions based on what you've said, other people here are more experienced than me

I think white smoke means it's burning water but im not 100% on that. Personally id give the engine a good service. New spark plugs, oil filter, air filter, flush out all the old oil and put some GTX magnatec in it.

Then if it still is doing the same you might have a bigger problem.

Bourkey

No, he doesn't want to put any castrol oil in there, its the work of satan, and will do more harm from good, especially if its already nackered - its renowned for clogging up engines and adding loads of excess gunk in there, its a pile of crap really, why people still use it is beyond me.

best bet is some Millers oil (i use the XSS stuff, 10w40 in everything) or some Valvoline durablend, although the normal petrol engine oils from Millers is fine, they know their stuff.

There is absolutley no information contained in your post of when the car smokes, if it puffs on idle or when under load and therefore nobody can give you any tidy answers so all of the above should be ignored.

You havent said what car it is??

GT, Glanza, UK NA???

There is absolutley no information contained in your post of when the car smokes, if it puffs on idle or when under load and therefore nobody can give you any tidy answers so all of the above should be ignored.

GT, Glanza, UK NA???

It's his girlfriend's N/A Sportif.

I'd be interested to know how many miles it has done.

GT, Glanza, UK NA???

Hes allready stated its an na :(

If it smells of oil, its a bit of a giveawaye that it more than likely is oil lol

As stated, if it hasnt been serviced in a fair while, give it an all over, fuel and oil filter, check and replace sparks etc.

Run some fuel treatment through it then give it a decent run on a motorway.

If its still smoking on idle, then youre next best bet is to compression test it then let us know the results.That should give you an indication on the engines health .

And about the oil, i allways run millers..Slightly harder to get hold of, but its top quality stuff.Allthough castrol is fine. Dont let Ecks scare ya :angry:

:angry:

Dont do an engine flush, the engine has more than likely done plenty of miles and you dont want to get rid of the sludge build up as it will be helping to seal things and if you flush it you will end up with crap all around your engine.

If its blue smoke then it will be burning oil, under load will be piston rings and after an over-run it will be more than likely valve stem seals.

I know the NA'a have PCV valves but are they as important on the NA's as the turbos?

:angry:

Dont do an engine flush, the engine has more than likely done plenty of miles and you dont want to get rid of the sludge build up as it will be helping to seal things and if you flush it you will end up with crap all around your engine.

If its blue smoke then it will be burning oil, under load will be piston rings and after an over-run it will be more than likely valve stem seals.

I know the NA'a have PCV valves but are they as important on the NA's as the turbos?

Breathers are allways important.Dont change the oil? Im pretty sure its better run be running clean oil than caked up treacle.

I could be wrong though :(

You could assume many things, but youll just have to service it, and give all the lines a clean and if its no better, compression test it.That will tell you which cylinders un healthy.