Recaro/Bride seat rails

May be a bit of a noob question but i'm trying to understand the different rail types and how they are mounted etc.

The first type being a bride rail seems easy enough to understand

post-11531-0-73355500-1450951010.jpg

i imagine this would work with most bride seats and from what i am reading it can also work with recaros with some adaptor plates.

But the ones like the photo below that i see on the jap websites really confuse me :crazy: maybe because i'm just no understanding it or there is something missing but how do they work its just like two sides and i'm unsure how that would mount with a seat haha as there is nothing along the middle also how are you meant to know which seats fit what?

post-11531-0-01797200-1450951188.jpg

If someone could point me in the right direction of a guide or help me out that would be fine, trying to read the translated japaneese is like trying to understand hyrogliphics of the side of a pyramid in the middle of a sandstorm while someone throws buckets of water at your face, any help appreciated :thumbsup:

Ive actually got a bride rail with an adaptor plate, the plate bolts to the seat then the plate has threaded holes which allows you to bolt it to the rail.

The rails that are seperate bolt straight to the seat with no adaptor plate, you slide the rails all the way foward to allow the bolts to go in the back, put those in then slide the rails all the way foward which allows the fronts in :) i recently ha to sort a rail out for my recaro sr3 so it was a learning curve for me lol

Its alright mate, when i was looking i couldnt find much info on this sort of stuff, if there side mounted seats its abit different, you looking at getting new seats for yours? Ah mate, i wish :( saving for a clutch and flywheel atm, and had to sort the sr out as the exhaust rotted out lol

Yeah i was looking for bottom mounted ones, they would be for my car for a little bit but changing cars next year i hope so keeping all my shiney bits in case i buy a Glanza one day in the future, if i was to buy recaros i would just put them in the next car too! No luck mate! hope it all goes your way for getting in on the road when the good weather starts again

Yeah i was looking for bottom mounted ones, they would be for my car for a little bit but changing cars next year i hope so keeping all my shiney bits in case i buy a Glanza one day in the future, if i was to buy recaros i would just put them in the next car too! No luck mate! hope it all goes your way for getting in on the road when the good weather starts again

Yeah if your looking for recaros, I'll link you the rail to buy if your looking at making rails, it's a it of a pain but it saves forking out for oem ones but they will still look oem, which is always great lol, what car you looking to get? I hope so too, just time and an endless money pit :( if there's news you'll see it in the thread :)

I emailed capital seating about which rail to use, this is the one i bought

http://www.demon-tweeks.co.uk/motorsport/seat-mounting-frames-universal/recaro-double-locking-runners

Does require you to mount your own seat belt buckle to it but if you run harnesses there no issue lol, the chop the feet off your oem rails and bolt them to it :) you could also seap feet to suit different cars! They sit about the same as ep91 recaro rails! if you want any photos i can get some