1999 Toyota Starlet Glanza V

Due to my recent purchase, as some of you may have seen, the V is now up for sale. I have owned it for about 3 and a half years, and it has come quite a long way in that time. Here is a link to my build thread with many more photos and a few videos for anyone interested.

http://www.ukstarletowners.com/topic/71107-steve1093s-white-99-td04-glanza-2348bhp-more-videos/

Year: 1999

Model: Glanza V

Tax: N/A

MOT: April 2016

Mileage: 139,xxxKM - Still reads in KM, and has factory limiter of 180kph.

Description:

1999 Glanza V

Engine:

4E-FTE - Unopened, standard bottom end

WEPR top mount ram style m/s manifold

WEPR Hybrid TD04L turbo (good for 300bhp)

Tial 38mm external wastegate

WEPR Screamer pipe

WEPR 2.5" downpipe

WEPR front mount intercooler with piping

RW-Developments 2.5" custom full stainless exhaust system

RW-Developments Race spec rocker cover (polished)

RW-Developments oil catch can with braided lines

Magnecor 8.5mm H.T leads

HKS spark plugs (bloody expensive)

A/C removed

Apexi AVCR boost controller (High and low boost settings)

GReddy E-Manage Blue piggyback ECU - Supplied and mapped by Tuning Developments

Tuning Developments 255lph fuel pump

Spec six puk paddle clutch

Tuning Developments half size rad

Tuning Developments radiator hoses

J.D Tuning cooling panel

OEM front strut brace

Handling:

BC Racing Coilovers

Cusco carbon rear strut brace

Whiteline Front ARB

Whiteline adjustable RARB

Whiteline Drop links

Standard discs and pads all round (I have brand new rear discs and pads to be included with sale)

Interior (or lack of...):

Completely stripped interior

WILL NOT come with Bride seat or Takata Harness, drivers seat will be the same as the passengers

Genuine Nardi Steering wheel

TRD carbon cluster surround

Carbon fibre double DIN black

Boost gauge

GReddy turbo timer

C's short shifter with custom extension (pretty rare I believe)

TRD gear knob

Cusco Carbon rear strut brace

HKB steering wheel boss

Custom carbon wrapped door cards (not to everyone's taste, but good to see something different)

Apexi AVCR boost controller

Exterior:

Original 040 White

Genuine optional front splitter and skirts

15" Advan Racing RG wheels in Bronze

195/45/15 Goodyear Eagle F1 GSD3 tyres all round

J.D Tuning bonnet raisers

EPRacing rear tow hook

Takata front Tow strap

Power:

234.8bhp @ 1bar (high boost) - Please see dyno graph

196.7bhp @ 0.7/0.8 bar (low boost)

This is by no means a show car, I never intended it to be. But with a good scrub it does come up very clean. I have taken a fair bit of time in keeping the engine bay polished, as you can see in the photos. It does get quite a bit of attention. It has been built to be my track car, I just haven't got round to finishing it. realistically, a set of decent brakes, decent tyres and ideally an LSD, and you're pretty much there!

As you can see I have only used genuine parts on this build, and nearly all of those have been bought brand new.

I really will miss this, and will probably end up like most people who have sold theirs, and end up buying another later on.

Always well maintained, has an oil change every 1000-2000km since being mapped on the TD04. Always run on low boost, except for the occasional Sunday drive. 200bhp really is enough in these things for the road.

Please take the time to have a look through my build thread as it shows everything that I have done, and has many more pictures and videos.

Bad points:

unfortunately there is a few bad points, as with most cars of this age.

First is there is some rust on the boot lid, no bigger than a couple of £2 coins. I haven't done anything about this as has not gone through and doesn't affect anything. It'll probably be cheaper to just buy a new bootlid.

I believe the oil seals in the turbo are on there way out, its losing a little oil, and i'm getting the odd puff of blue smoke. But this is only after a hard drive when boosting. Since this problem the oil level is being checked every couple of days and topped up as required. Correct me if I'm wrong but I think a turbo rebuild is around £200, so not a massive expensive.

To start the car, you will need to turn the ignition on and off a few times until the green light on the ECU appears and stays on. Don't need to turn the engine over, just the ignition. it may not sound good, but I use this car every day and it will always start. I just haven't had chance lately to speak to Tuning Developments to see what they say. I can send a video for anyone that doesn't believe this.

That's really it for bad points, it has the odd light scrape on the splitter and skirts, please take into consideration that this is a 17 year old car, with original paint.

Although I do use this car as my daily, it is by no means a quiet, comfortable car. Please do not ask stupid questions like that, it has not been built for that.

IMG_20151018_145501_zpsc0jejoxd.jpg

IMG_20150816_151419_zpsoqpa8apw.jpg

IMG_20150801_220502_zps5senm8bk.jpg

IMG_20150425_140644_zpskn3mjoun.jpg

IMG_20150513_221055_zpsuryug4iy.jpg

IMG_20151018_130537_zpsuuidgnxf.jpg

IMG_20151025_155616_zpstjav9vl8.jpg

IMG_20150928_210740_zpspmcsfzww.jpg

IMG_20150408_194215_zpsvlfr2o5s.jpg

IMG_20150926_153726_zpsd73crp6q.jpg

IMG_20151018_133128_zpsjcq82iug.jpg

IMG_20150425_204930_zpszdocuwxy.jpg

Price: £4000 no p/x

Contact Details: Please pm me on here for my contact number

Thanks

Steve

Edited by steve1093

Just read the whole build thread, what a truly amazing car. All parts are top quality and personally love the interior mate. Current saving money for a glanza just wish I has some more as id have this tomorrow 😂

Shouldn't be around long mate.. GLWS

Thanks Matt! Then onwards with the PS13 :)

Just read the whole build thread, what a truly amazing car. All parts are top quality and personally love the interior mate. Current saving money for a glanza just wish I has some more as id have this tomorrow

Thanks dude! Really appreciate that :) nice to hear after the amount of money and work gone into it haha
  • 2 weeks later...