Well after restoring my old sr to her former glory and having it how I wanted it to look she was written off by a motorbike

785E8A27-74D8-4300-86EA-F6B0E4DD0745.jpg

DC22A466-1D6E-4ABE-858C-54CEA08D4DF9.jpg

After this I was unsure what to get next, luckily another sr popped up, unfortunately the previous owner worked at a tesco so it was left in the car park and got beaten up every day, being the one colour I hate, black, it looked like it had been shot by a few shotguns.

A friend whom is a panel beater offered to help make her look pretty again so it began 😎

B0C56FA8-78AD-4B65-B6E1-E0D058DD1221.jpg

6F50F1F8-1F8B-4DA2-A73D-D93FDD7D663D.jpg

B2730582-5E80-4F74-961A-8DB39D4FA75C.jpg

2C6121D0-CDB5-403B-9EF2-1A78A055794E.jpg

E569467D-143E-4D15-8949-DEFBDBF167CD.jpg

370CD9F3-5766-44C1-8457-31DCCC661A01.jpg

2734FA7E-81EB-4883-B86B-8CF58FB3BB1D.jpg

Will try and update with pictures when I can, always usually forget until it's too late 😁

Got too many vehicles at the mo so will be having a clear out when this comes back home 🙁

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love a sr I have one in silver factory fitted aircon aswell ,today it let me down the original stereo gave up the ghost cant complain shame really loved the fact it was totally original except tte back box owned for it 16 years i bought from pentagon Toyota its still on the original number plates great great cars Il be keeping an eye on this thread

Sorry to hear about the white one mate, looked unreal. Like you i dont like Black cars most of my cars have been white but i've recently put down deposit on

Black Glanza V :crazy:

Best of luck with the Black one, if its anything like the white one it will be class :thumbsup:

diller

Cheers guys, I really miss the white one but shit happens, I'll see what other pics I have of it

Burty what sort of stereo was it, I have quite a few kicking around.

Filler your a brave man, don't get me wrong when black cars are clean they look epic but they show up every bit of dirt and even the smallest dent looks like a mile deep crator 😁😁

Original Sony was terrible ive got a replacement sorted fitted it today old age car with new age technology now😂 still Sony though , when I bought the sr I wanted black ,white or silver in that order but now having silver hides a lot of age related marks

Cheers guys, yea I tend to revive cars that people don't seem bothered about, onwards and upwards tho, postman came today and gave me my new nuts 👍🏻 and I finished painting and refurbing the glanza calipers and sliders

6B78B0F5-F023-4D70-B4D8-2F8C0FF6FCAF.jpg

B46BE994-885A-46DB-8FD4-220762A8CCBC.jpg

New updates today, rear end and nearside rear quarter pretty much done, just needs flatting back,

CF7D2CED-CCAF-495E-B485-220ED72E978E_1.j

These are the wheels I have, it looks like someone as hand painted these and has paint runs everywhere 😬😬

2EF129BE-97AE-4941-83D7-B380CB0745E2_2.j

Had them all shot blasted and a fresh coat of white, just the pearl coat to go, these bastards look amazing in the sun already 😎

36E5ABEC-AC6D-4DAD-B47F-E3E1391DFA02_2.j

Corolla manifold fitted and had a few hoses in the garage so put some new ones to replace the old ones, quick coat of wheel silver on the manifold once de-greased and prepped, new gasket fitted and she's on, treated the rocker cover quick too 👍🏻👍🏻

EF16F7B2-8743-445E-8E33-F45D724D6187.png

I was going to say- your engine bay is so clean was just that one bit that needed sorting. Ive heard people say that they can feel a difference but I'm not sure if that's just a plussebo effect, will find out soon! Do you need the Corolla manifold gasket or does the starlet one fit? Also which hose needs to be changed for a longer one mate do you know?

Yea I'm as fussy about my engine bays as I am my bodywork, hence the others being so clean 😁

07C0C0E1-A348-4523-9156-CF3DC80E7E48.jpg

Will let you know about performance when I test it out 👍🏻

Think it was the Corolla gasket I ended up using, I had a spare in my toolbox. Think it was the vacuum pipe for the servo off the top of my head, I just sort of went into auto mode lol

Very nice. I should get mine this week then it's getting refurbed and fitted but I just wanted to know if there's anything else I need. I should be ok with the stock gasket as long as it's in fact although I am tempted to order one just to be safe. I'll have to get hold of some hose too but not sure where to get it from