Rattling noise on tick over - goes away when clutch is pressed

I get this rattling noise coming from my clutch / gearbox I've come across it on a few cars, it's on tick over and goes away when u put your foot on the clutch pedal. Is this the clutch of is it from the gearbox? I'm pretty sure my clutch is on the way out but if there's a problem with the gearbox I will get that done to, I've been told lay shaft bearing?

Be nice if its the release bearing but I'm thinking it's the shaft. It doesn't do it while driving. On tick over u can see the selector fork shaking about a little. It didn't do it with my old gearbox, I fitted a gt box and a used organic clutch plate, and it's rattled lots since fitted, I don't think it's the release bearing as it's the same one I used before as I knew it was good

sounds like it is release bearing if the noise is not present whilst driving - once a release bearing is removed they should be replaced hence why its now making a noise. Lots of members on here had this issue when re-using the release bearing

• 1 month later...

Can anyone else shed any light on this? Gonna replace the input shaft front bearing (the one around the shaft with the splines) and put in a genuine release bearing all along with a new paddle clutch kit, Hopefully this will sort it, has anyone else cured this rattling noise? I've come across is on 7 different starlet boxes sure other people have to

• 2 weeks later...

I have an oem lsd box that do this as well! brand new clutch kit and koyo bearing had similar noise in another box and am not sure like yourself lol but I have a thought that the clutch fork on the box could be bent a little bit and causing the bearing noise as it could keep it correctly in place , the box drives well other wise except for little 3rd crunch at speed lol as I said just a thought lol