GT vs Glanza engines

I was told that even though the GT and Glanza use the same 4efte engine, the GT version of the engine had thicker rods, is this true?

Also is there anyway to tell if an engine does indeed have the thicker rods or not, as i have bought an engine but its out of the car already and cant find out what car it came from, are there any markings to state what it is?

Someone post the pictures of the differences, I'll see if I can find pics now, I have my engine in bits and would like to check.

Actually I have a Glanza engine in bits aswell so I will take a rod out of there just to compare, wont be till next weekend now though.

• 4 months later...

My gt engine with the silver timing cover has the thicker rods in. Made a right mess of the black top timing cover engine when that went. Left me with a hole front and back. The middle of the rod missing. The gudgen pin snapped off the piston. Found it in the sump with the top of the rod ;)