GT vs Glanza engines

as far as i'm aware the only gt engine or 4efte to have the thicker rods are the mk1 gt engine with the silver cam cover and cam belt cover which is why i replaced my glanza engine when it let go to a mk1 gt engine with silver covers...... luckly i found one with only 12k on it including the turbo and all aux and i could tell when i took it apart to fit all the glanza bits like alt knock sensor and few other bits

yep i have found differences with the cylinder heads also the earlyer 4efte have very nasty edges in all ports wer the cutting tool cuts the ruf cast to insert the valve seat, wer as the later 4efte has ner anuff no edge but the same valve seat and size plus the coolant jackets around the exhaust valves seem to be larger on the early 4efte head.

chris

That's interesting nastyrash. Will have to look at my heads when I get home. I have three in my work shop ;)

the 1s with the nasty port throt edges seem to be the heads that have the extra water jacket on the inlet mani and gasket. this will reduce hp by quite a bit, i can put pics up as i have 1 here that im porting and polishing now.

chris