Lee's Red Starlet Sportif! - R.I.P

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yaris rear wiper arm looks much better. I've just got myself a red EP91, let me know how easy it is to fit the glanza plate surround.

Cheers bud! :thumbsup: Yeah the Yaris wiper arm looks much better and cleaner, and yeah I'll let you know how hard it is to fit :)

I looked at mine over the weekend and it's already got a yaris wiper! It's got a few other mild mods on it as well, all as i got it, TTE spoiler, lowered 40mm, white alloys etc. Only thing i'm looking to change is to swap the wheels for the ones one my 70.

I looked at mine over the weekend and it's already got a yaris wiper! It's got a few other mild mods on it as well, all as i got it, TTE spoiler, lowered 40mm, white alloys etc. Only thing i'm looking to change is to swap the wheels for the ones one my 70.

Nice one :) sounds good mate!

So, the Starlets going into work tomorrow so me and my dad can check it over on the ramp and hopefully I'll be changing the oil and filter and the cam belt :)

I've also got some upgraded front speakers off a mate for FREE! :D so they shall be getting fitted soon! along with my Glanza number plate surround, GT Turbo spoiler and my front strut brace. I'm thinking of doing the spoiler and plate surround in a satin black because I plan to spray the door surrounds satin black and my grill is already black, What do you guys think? :)

If the weather holds up this weekend I'll be painting the drums and giving the interior a clean up! and giving her another coat of polish :) Haven't been doing that much to her recently due to the weather :(

But I have got the locking wheel nuts fitted and I got some more black clips for the grill :p I also got a full Toyota tool kit and jack. At some point I'm going to order a Seat Leon Cupra Splitter too! I'm also looking at getting a Jap can back box sometime as well ;) The original Sony Tape player also had to be fitted back in because the CD player was broken :(

Here's a picture of a Starlet with an ep82 GT Turbo spoiler fitted! Do you think I should fit one on mine?

IMG_00051_zps6085e39f.jpg

doesn't need anything but a set of lowering springs buddy :thumbsup:

Cheers mate :) Yeah its on the to do list! should probably get them before anything else to be honest!

looking good lee! its come on a fair old way since i last saw it!! ill have to pop out and and have a look at some point :)

Sam.

Cheers buddy! :) Yeah you'll have to come down at some point and show me your new seats! ;)

Edited by Lee-Robo

So This weekend I got a little bit done to the Starlet! :)

I finally got the oil and filter changed and also I got the cam belt changed! so now she's running perfect :D I also got the drums sanded down and painted in satin black so they look much better now and I got some little bits of paint touched in too! I was going to give the car another good polish up but as usual it started to rain! :sad:

I still need to get my strut brace fitted but I don't want to risk snapping the bolts on the strut top because it doesn't look like they have been touched in 17 years! so I think I'll wait until I get her lowered ;) I've also got my front speakers to fit and I need to buy a new head unit at some point. Also my number plate surround and spoiler are to go on once they're painted, but I don't know whether to get them done in red or go completely different and do them satin back or something like that?

I'm really after a Jap can style exhaust backbox at the minute so if anyone's selling one fairly cheap give me a PM :thumbsup:

here's a few pics!

Conti belt fitted!

IMG_04961_zps7c21a5ee.jpg

Before the drums were painted...

IMG_04871_zpsd3f371bf.jpg

... and after!

IMG_04881_zps114a8ab0.jpg

IMG_04861_zps8bd6144a.jpg

IMG_04891_zps10fe16f7.jpg

IMG_04901_zps5b5f439d.jpg

And a couple with a mates corsa...

IMG_04821_zpsd459ada6.jpg

IMG_04851_zpsa62d095f.jpg

Good updates buddy!

I got a HKS back box that came off a ep82, I did have it made up my self to fit a ep91, but attached it with exhaust straps and that, sounded fairly decent! Let me know if you want any pics would only want like £40 for it! Need it gone, also got a video with it on idle somewhere aswell! :)

Keep the updates coming!! :)

Just a little update! :p

So today the weather was quite good for a change so I got the starlet washed, T-Cut, and polished up again and also got the plastics done with Autoglym bumper and trim gel :)

Also as a thanks for fitting some brakes to my mates car, he bought me a Sony Head unit! :) so that got fitted in tonight! I've also bought some wax oil so I should be doing that soonish as the cars going for its MOT in the next month.

This weekend I should be giving the engine bay some love! :thumbsup: and giving the Interior a tidy up and a good clean, I also might go and price up some splitters:)

*Small Update*

So today I got the starlet Cut and Polished again because I want to try and get the paint work immaculate! :) I also got the strut top bolts free and set about trial fitting the front strut brace, Still needs a few modifications to fit perfectly because it is slightly touching the fuel filter and air box. I also checked over all the levels and tyre pressures and just gave it a general good clean up!

Hopefully I'll be getting a clay bar kit soon and some new wipers ordered because the other ones are knackered!

Here's a few pics of the latest progress :)

IMG_05301_zpsf39d1a6a.jpg

IMG_05311_zps068547ea.jpg

IMG_05331_zpsf751af9b.jpg

How The painted drums look behind the wheels :)

IMG_05361_zpse2dfd08d.jpg

New Sony headunit! Nothing special but it'll do the job

IMG_05411_zps07162cc9.jpg

IMG_05171_zps777870e2.jpg

Pretty happy with the finish the paint work is giving off! hopefully get it clay barred soon.

IMG_05421_zpsdb34c9df.jpg

Nice updates buddy!. Coming along nicely!

Would look better without strips imo ;).

Wish my red paint was this clean!, All well shouldn't be keeping me car for too much longer! :)

Cheers mate! :) yeah she's getting there!

;) I know what you mean, but I quite like the look of them at the minute ;) they may come off in the future though!

I'm surprised how well the paint has came up! and yeah :) hope to see you in a Glanza soon! ;)

Cheers! :thumbsup:

Lee, this things looking great! Its come so far in the few week you've had it, seriously impressed mate! Wish mine was half as clean as this. What's next for it then?

Cheers Pinske! :thumbsup: Yeah its come on a fair bit in the past couple of weeks,Paint work is pretty much immaculate too! really happy with the way its came up :) next things I'm going to do to it are probably get some sort of splitter, jap backbox and eventually give her a good lowering! ;)

• 2 weeks later...

So, not much to update you on at the minute, but this week I've stone chip protected the underside of the starlet and also given the axle a lick of paint! I've given the interior a good clean up,polished the car again and got some new aero style wiper blades fitted. Tomorrow I should be fitting some new speakers to replace the originals and painting the callipers and wiper arms just to tidy them up a little bit! Modifications should be becoming more frequent now as I've just started a new job :D!

Next things I plant to do are,order a front splitter and a new can style backbox so I can get rid of the pea shooter! :) They should be ordered pretty soon!

I'm also planning to:

- Lower it on Tein springs or if funds allow, coilovers!

- Get an OEM parcel shelf with speakers built in

- 100% brighter bulbs or similar

- Clear corners and side repeaters

- Iridium spark plugs

These will hopefully all get done over the next few months! :)

Lee

Edited by Lee-Robo

So, little bit of an update! Last weekend I got my new speakers fitted in, they're a lot better than the standard ones, sound much better and are a lot clearer! they don't look the best but you cant see them in the car and they were FREE! :D

Also last weekend I bought a meguiars clay bar kit and did a small patch on the bonnet and to be fair its done a good job :) Today I gave the car a good clean up, T-cut, clay barred and polished her because the paint was fading back again slightly in places! but its looking good once again :thumbsup:

It's going in for its MOT this week so hopefully it'll pass no bother:) and also its my birthday in the next couple of days so any money I get will obviously be spent on the starlet ;)

Front splitter should be getting ordered in the next week or so :) and hopefully a jap can backbox and a rolla mani :) I'll also be fitting the import plate I have on the front at some point!

Here's a few pics!

IMG_05951_zpsb2f482e4.jpg

IMG_05961_zps5bf1c9d0.jpg

IMG_06001_zps4e79452b.jpg

IMG_06011_zpsec0ef66f.jpg

IMG_06201_zps38f8242a.jpg

IMG_06221_zpsf0bc1f39.jpg

Lee