Lee's Red Starlet Sportif! - R.I.P

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking very clean indeed...nice and shiney

Will look awsome with lows

Cheers mate! :thumbsup: I was surprised how well the paint came up! Yeah can't wait to get them coilies on.

Looking awesome man, can't wait to see it when it's lowered :)

Thanks man! :) and yeah, me too! shouldn't be long until they're fitted.

Very jealous of those coilovers!!!

Haha ;) cheers mate! :) I love cuscos!

Lee.

My Glanza numberplate surround arrived today, so I set about painting it with the tin I got mixed at halfords, the colour match wasn't that great so I've decided that I'm going to take it to the bodyshop and get it done professionally :) I also gave the reverse lights a quick refurb and they've came up quite well!

I'm currently in the process of freeing the bottom lock rings off on the coilovers , so that I can get them fitted, and I've also bought a rear strut brace, so that should be arriving in the next little while :)

Lee.

IMG_12691_zps906a6828.jpg

Before

IMG_12671_zps37ec110b.jpg

After

IMG_12681_zpsdf39ac8d.jpg

So, I got my coilovers fully freed off ready to go on the car :) Just need to copper grease the rears and they're sorted! I also found a little crack in the rear numberplate surround so I got that filled and primered again ready for when I get it painted at work :)

I'm also getting some custom decals made up in the same style as the SR ones, they wont to be everyone's taste but I like being different, more updates on them once they are made up :)

I also decided I would start on giving my wheels a refurb as they were in terrible condition and really starting to annoy me, So I got the worst one out of the way this weekend and I'm happy with the results :) I did it in the same gunmetal colour but with lots of fleck, I'll have to look into getting some new centre caps as the ones I've got are really worn and don't look good any more.

This is the condition they were in

IMG_13131_zps42625c1c.jpg

IMG_13141_zps5d6eb361.jpg

IMG_13151_zps05e236e1.jpg

IMG_13161_zpse03b94ac.jpg

IMG_13171_zpsa46da637.jpg

IMG_13251_zpsc8459e97.jpg

IMG_13291_zpsa5ccc9c1.jpg

Lee.

• 2 weeks later...

Updates!

Right, so I got my import numberplate surround painted at work this week, Really pleased with it! :) also bought some 13 x 7 import plates as the 12 x 6 ones were really too small. My cusco rear strut brace also arrived thanks to socks! Just have to get the ends powder coated now then trim the rear plastics for it to fit properly, once that's done the rear seats will be coming out.

Also a big thanks to Morgey and his mate, my custom Sportif decals arrived! I'm really pleased with them, as said before they wont be to everyone's taste but it is what it is, a sportif :) I got two sets made up, one for starlets with bumpstrips and ones for the starlets with them removed In case I ever remove the bump strips! which I probably will eventually! :) he also sent me the samples that they made up so I trial fitted them and I think they look decent on the car! :)

Also, since I refurbed my wheels I thought I would get some new center cap stickers made up from morgey too! they look great and just finish the wheels off nicely :)

Also done some general maintenance such as brake pads and tidied up some rust underneath.

IMG_14661_zpsff45fc54.jpg

IMG_14381_zps0b7e0147.jpg

IMG_14361_zpsc8ef5af1.jpg

IMG_13781_zps64294ca8.jpg

IMG_14271_zps7fe9527e.jpg

IMG_14241_zps52c024dc.jpg

IMG_14281_zpsf901eded.jpg

decals are sick! you need a red tte spoiler and set of speedlines now to show the SR boys up!

Cheers mate! :) I do like the decals, makes it different, Yeah I was thinking about a tte spoiler or something.

Decals look awesome! :) and wheels! :0

Cheers man! :) Yeah the wheels look a lot better.

damn this things nice lee! soooo jealous. keep up the good work

Cheers Pinske! :thumbsup: It's getting there slowly! :)

This weekend I've given the the starlet a good clean up and a polish :) I also fitted my 13 x 7 import plates and they look a lot better.

I also fitted my import rear numberplate surround!, I think it looks good, just need to get the coilovers on and the jap can exhaust to finish it off :) I also fitted my bonnet and tailgate sportif decals, just undecided whether to remove the bump strips or not, but we'll see.then I'll fit the side decals.

Few pics :)

IMG_14871_zps90cb1e75.png

IMG_14711_zpsfdfdc5fb.jpg

IMG_14701_zpsc4604f76.jpg

IMG_14751_zps52f41110.jpg

IMG_14911_zps4e55ca59.jpg

IMG_14931_zps5d0331c0.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

So today I removed the side bump strips, I wasn't too sure about removing them because I quite liked them but they didn't really go with the custom sportif stickers I have so they had to go.Took absolutely ages to remove all the glue! but I think it looks much better and cleaner :)

I also got my TRD gear knob from Jamie5414 fitted as well, it looks really good and feels much better than the standard one!

If all goes well, I'll hopefully be fitting my coilovers in the next couple of weeks! and hopefully fitting my sportif decals tomorrow :)

Lee.

IMG_15501_zpsa25fca04.jpg

IMG_15511_zpseb6eb9fe.jpg

IMG_15521_zpsefecec54.jpg

IMG_15541_zpsc39023bc.jpg

Looks good mate, did you use a Toffee wheel to get the glue off?

Cheers man! :thumbsup: and nope, just some Mr sheen furniture polish and an old ice scraper card, the glue just lifted right off! 30 minutes each side maximum :)