BuddyClub P1s Alloys

There was a matching thread title for "Buddy Club early forged" search on toyotagtturbo.com:

http://www.toyotagtturbo.com/forums/showthread.php?103745-Buddy-club-p1-s-early-forged.-16x7j-4x100

There was confusion arround size but the buyer seems to be you Phil.

Nope he wouldnt shift on price. (and they are white)

found these on a civic local to me and bought a boost controller of the fella also.

http://reallymeansounds.com/forum/threads/buddy-club-p1-alloys.151863/

this is them as i bought them

C192A21C-3426-4239-AB8D-4B46E578CDE0.jpg

and then sticking the fresh rubber on

97F2818F-824D-4C56-8C9F-B3BC120E0E7E.jpg

PS this is just me defending the idea that i am being in an way untruthful here.

I definitely didnt buy those wheels off tgtt (maybe Tobz did?) and i know the fella (jonny on RMS) that i got my wheels off.

Maybe the toyotagtturbo thread did lead me to believe that the early flat fronted P1s are forged, i cant mind where i got that idea from.

Phil

Edited by Phil
  • Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PS i will leave this thread open (not sure i even have the option to close a thread on here?)

just so that this can play out whatever way it needs to without anyone thinking im trying to hide or con anyone.

obviously with my decision to fix my GT and not sell up to by Tanvers AW11 Mr2 i wont be selling these as ill be using them on my car.

Ive also changed the price to save anybody getting any wrong ideas and trying to buy.

Phil

Edited by Phil

I don't get what the drama is?? forged or not they are a good set of wheels from a well known company with a very good reputation for making quality parts it's not like your trying to sell a set of grids as rays lol

there is no real drama, and as mentioned with one bump in 2 months in a moments weakness(blast tanvers mk1 mr2) im not looking to sell anymore.

But for fear that our hungarian friend feels cheated in his quest for the truth its worth allowing this thread to fill with whatever info in availible on these wheels.

so anyways, Peter supercharger, where is the information that doesnt show these wheels as being forged but rather cast.

also you referred to them as SF wheels, where are these referred to as SF as i thought that the SF was the new shape wheel?

Phil

That's what I ment dude y,s he so bothered about it ?

oh that ive no idea about.

but if the man has the desire to educated me regarding my wheels i more than welcome that sort of information.

good to know what you've got.

Phil

Edited by Phil

"Quest for the truth" that's good and it might sound funny but this is the case here! Phil was very nice in our communication and he was/is open to look into the truth with the versions of p1s. So Phil in my eyes you were very correct and I think you just picked up the wrong information about these wheels being forged at some point, thats all. I see no drama here, I hope you agree.

BC wheels had no forged version untill the QF series came AFAIK. In fact those early P1s were manufactured by Kosei and were the same as cast Kosei K1.

If I offended someone or some rules I am open to learn to do it better next time when I see wrong information a an FS thread.

info and pics here: http://www.eg-squad.nl/5thgenguide/koseibuddyclub.html

My original intention was to make you a swap offer for my wheels, and I wanted forged wheels of some sort hence the big noise arround the word "forged".

where is the info that asserts that these are cast rather than forged?

just to get all the info together.

Phil

Edited by Phil
  • 2 weeks later...

The rims are identical in construction. Kosei Aluminum manufactures the rims, and First, Inc. sells them under the Buddy Club brand name in Japan.

None were forged

So what are these wheels worty out of interst? As I have a set in my glanza

Not a lot man £350 £400 if they're mint with tyres

Item For Sale:

BuddyClub P1s.

15" 4x100 ep82/ep91 fitment.

Item Condition & Description:

Good condition, some small marks but nothing major, i would refurb if i was keeping them.

4 Toyo 888s tyres, plenty of life in them :)

Light JDM wheels.

Price:

1300 without tyres.

1500 with tyres.

Pictures:

F186421A-BF2F-40C3-AC35-9E1B8F6CEB7A.jpg

A6BDC50F-30C7-4CF7-ACF0-06CDD55E41DE.jpg

9045E35C-A98C-4EFC-9AA2-E4BDBC263C5C.jpg

5FFA85A5-7CE9-4EE4-803F-7CBE63446649_1.j

Payment & Shipping Details:

i can arrange a courier for 45 pounds to anywhere in UK

Phil

Not being a nob here Phil but did you mean to put a 1 instead of a £ in the price ?

Hahaha

Yes as trisk mentioned

What I never said at the time was that had these sold with tyres at the time I would probably have moved some more parts on and stuck this in the garage for a long time.

But as things are it's full steam ahead.

Phil

Lol fair play, I know a fair amount about the buddyclub range as I did my homework before running them myself...

A good strong wheel, not massively light at all but great for a beating on track and they're genuine lol

Ps to be clear i never actually had them forsale for the prices above Lol

Phil

Lovely looking wheel, might be interested if the moneys right. How much do you actually want for them?

think im going to keep them! sorry

Hope to do the odd trackday and hopefully some sprints and hillclimbs!

if they are cast they will take all that i can throw at them.

Phil

• 5 months later...

How much?

I have those sparco's aswel but I just don't like them :/ and there a nightmare to clean lol

looking 500 without tyres.

(ill throw in fitting you current tyres to these and doing 4wheel lazer alignment)

Obviously only of use if your local.

im based in Bangor Co.Down.

Phil