Reducing weight in my glanza..

As above I'm debating to put my V on a diet.. Whats people got there weights down to from removing usual bits and bobs air con/rear seats, spare wheels etc.. Also apart from the obvious what else can I strip to get those kg's down ?

The glass in our little cars weighs a freakin tone! Maybe also think about ditching the electrics out of your doors in favour of manual bits?

Run on a quater of a tank and have a big poo before heading out! ;)

They dont weight that much anyway. Mine weighs in at 940kgs with a full tank of fuel and full interior With a 1600 in it.

Only thing on it that I've saved weight on is the wheels at about 20kgs lighter Over the SR speedlines, 17kg per wheel with tyres vs 12kgs with some 4kg ish jap wheels.

Rear bench doesnt weigh that much on it own but the seatbelts do So in total would be a fair saving

All the hard Sound proofing stuff would add up if you got it all off. Then id start thinking about buying lighter panels but thats a last resort as you can do much more cheaper before hand.

As above Aircon, and even swap your powersteering for an electric setup to take the drain off the engine.

Air Con & Stripped Rear. Would be very noticeable buddy...

From there Fibre Panels. (bonnet and bootlid) are the best weight savers!

What would you think on just replacing the rear window be cost effective and take away most the weight..

Whats it being used for?

I wouldn't advise any interior / electrical or luxury components to be removed if being used for the road. Mine became uncomfortable and i disliked driving it towards the end. became too noisy for everyday driving and i missed offering friends and family lifts to here and there.

If its a track machine then all of the above points id really go to town and consider doing.

Edited by SRchris

Sorry lads completely forgotten about this post lol.. :o the car will be used on track and on the weekend as my dirty bit on the side.. Use my ep3 for my daily so got all my comforts there Recaros etc I'm not fussed about the noise and comfort currently bought a 6 point cage just ripped our my air con & have stripped my rear. Now looking into carbon fibre bonnet and Perspex windows.. My new cage weighs a bomb but safety first ey!

Air Con & Stripped Rear. Would be very noticeable buddy...

From there Fibre Panels. (bonnet and bootlid) are the best weight savers!

air con removed socks was surprised with how much that weighed pretty heavy! I'm just trying to source a food quality carbon bonnet. Having difficulty at the minute there seams to be a lot of pretty poor quality carbon products around :(

air con removed socks was surprised with how much that weighed pretty heavy! I'm just trying to source a food quality carbon bonnet. Having difficulty at the minute there seams to be a lot of pretty poor quality carbon products around :(

I used to go running with the aircon pump in a back pack lol I recon just replacing the glass would make a good difference, I would have some perspex windows but there stupid prices.

Had the same problem with getting a carbon bonnet so bought a fpr one from id workz in the end and boot . They are way lighter and bought a perspex rear screen

How much was the screen and where from?

• 2 weeks later...

Mine is 4mm, I got it from here http://www.cwp-optiglaze.com/ they had a handy little calculator, and online order form which seems to have gone missing?

I ordered 2 sheets of 4mm Lexan Exell D UV with the following dimensions: Width: 1050 , Length: 520

Think it was about 50 quid or so

Going to measure and order for the rear windows as well in the next week or two.