Importing a car from Ireland

Sorry if im on the wrong section but i wasnt sure what section to go on. Basically I'm interested in a Glanza but its in Ireland and I'm in London.

what do i need to do to bring it here and register it on UK plates?

and roughly how much will this set me back.

Thanks

Southern or NI? We picked up a Starlet from NI. Their NCT was accepted in the UK as MOT and there was no importing necessary.

Southern probably different. Ensure you're insured to drive it back. I believe you're okay for x amount of days before it needs to be registered in the UK.

you will need to bring taxbook that's what we call logbook to dvla and ask them that you have purchased the car and what to register in in the uk

as calum said as far as im aware they will accept a car with an ni reg as its pretty much same as the uk and same with mot

you will need to notify your insurance and explain the vehicle has an Irish reg and you need to collect the car as far as im aware they give you 30 days once the car is brought into the country to change the relevant details and issue a new logbook

if you wanted to cheat a bit you purchase a set of plates ie.. a personal reg you could have them placed on the vehicle and have the details changed to English logbook I don't know if there is a (vrt) vehicle registration tax charge when bringing a car from Ireland to the uk we have to pay vrt if we import one or bring a non Irish vehicle in

n.irish cars is mot just the same as rest of uk, s.irish cars are nct'd so it will need mot'd/taxed it was around £80 to to get it registered for the uk new number plates etc, you'll have to get an import pack from dvla and also youl need to get a n.o.v.a (notification of vehicle arrivals) form fromm HMRC tho and fill it out and if you do this (n.o.v.a) within the 2 weeks you wont have to pay an additional charge which i had to pay, also just for a heads up on the import forms from dvla you just have to fill out what you can and send it to them and they will finish the forms theirselves, know this cuz just bought a car from s.ireland not too long ago, and i thought i had to get certificate of conformity etc etc and when i phoned dvla they said i dont need it just to fill out the forms as best as i can and send it with copy of insurance and the irish log book and mot certificate and they will do the rest