I had a turbo manifold made up, when it arrived I noticed the inside of the runners hadn't been welded smooth, and on exhaust port 4 the runner over hangs the exhaust port on the flange by a good 2mm..

As the manifold is black it's hard to get a good photo, but here are a couple..

rFD43UWl.png

ai6ktQfl.png

I expected the runners to be welded both internally and externally to the head flange, and a certain amount of porting done to each exhaust port, or is that asking too much?

Anyone else had something similar, did it not bother you, am I being too pedantic?

Edited by TimD

All About Flow. Especially pre-turbo...

Any steps/bumps/welds. Will all effect that flow.

It will do the job... but I certainly hope you didnt pay big money for it Tim!

What a professionally made collector should look like inside:

post-2707-0-11477500-1457707356_thumb.jp

Piece of weld could break off and go through a turbo?

Steps or poor flow design can cause alot more heat in areas? Causing Cracks?

It also looks like the flanges havent been skimmed clean/flat.?

As im constantly reminded tho. What do I know? :)

This is from the head, the collector is actually pretty well done so I'm happy with that..

Friend of mine made his own manifold, and he had a similar problem.

QdS7r4Ml.png

He ported it out to look as follows

DuGo0hnl.png

I'll look at doing the same before it's fitted.

I've an engine to rebuild before getting that far, so I better get on with that.

Actually that's one of our manifolds and if there's a mistake by WEPR, i'd be the first to own up, apologize and rectify immediately. i am not afraid of hiding behind bad press and i firmly believe if we have made a mistake...then we must rectify at any cost. that's the assurance you guys have by going with our products. usually porting is not required as everything lines up..but in the event it does need some porting..we do it before shipping. but in this case the oversight is ours. our work shop has been unbelievably busy in the last 6-8 months as we are expanding into other vehicle platforms. i dont have a team of robots working for me guys..so there is always a small chance of human error involved. but rest assured there are any issues..we will work towards getting it resolved.

i have apologized profusely to Tim and also PM'd him about immediately rectifying the situation. will wait for him reply.

and while we wait... here's my idea of a "professionally" made collector...

11745800_10153128181322809_5612235760437

we have access to cnc and we do offer all sorts of billet options for other vehicle platforms (evo/Rb/2jz etc). they are available to you guys with starlets too..but i dont actively push these because of the cost involved.