engine burning oil?

i changed my oil filter and put 3.5-4 litres of brand new oil in 3 weeks ago into my starlet, i checked the dip-stick yesterday and it was barely showing any. Ive just put the last of my oil outta the 5litre drum in and it brought it up to just under full. There is no leaks from head gasket, no traces of oil in the driveway in the mornings, and filter is tight as a ducks arese.

im either loosing oil somewhere or buring it up, anyone any ideas before my engine goes pop

it wont be crank shaft oil seal if its using 3.5 litres of oil in 3 weeks!!!!!!!!!! its either valve stem oil seals or piston rings its the only 2 things it can be if its burning oil. not leakin it that would be crankshaft seal but very rarely on an n/a!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! do valve stems first as thats the cheaper option and quicker will be done in a mornin!?!?!?!?

exactly the same problem with mine, burnt 3/4 of the oil up in 3 weeks, i used the last 1.5 litres of the oil i had in the drum and fingers crossed 3 days later it hasnt went down any, my mechanic is getting back to me tonite, he is ringing toyota for me this afternoon as he knows a few of the mechanics

cars oil has stayed at the same level for the past week or so, but ive had it parked up at home for over 24 hours and i dipped it before i headed out tonite, only to discover the oil level is half what it was a few days ago, what the ****

toyota quoted me £55+vat for new piston rings

and £75+ vat for new gasket set including valve stem seals

then i have labour on tops its gonna work out about 250-300

thats a BIG chunk of a 5efe or a 4efte engine