1987 "Artic granny" EP70

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fuel tank on its place, finally get rid of boot boat tank. Not leaking anywhere, only 12 litres gasoline now in tank, have to test full tank and hope that flange don't leak.

20160507_180811_zpsma7hyjgb.jpg

This free pressure line after Supra pump gave fuel on tarmac, very weird, had to add and weld some "bolt" there, few times because welding leaked. I use this later for efi engine. Now using return line for carburator.

20160507_190345_zpsapcqjkwb.jpg

20160507_201735_zpss0gedj9k.jpg

20160507_201718_zpsu2pnxhup.jpg

Tyres away and later new paint, like these light alloys, made in England, 6x14" Compomotives. Can't use later because of Levin front brakes, need 15" wheels :/

Thanks for nice comments :)

This nights project was diy adjustable panhard. One idiot shape EP91 panhard and needed bushing cylinders, so can order full Powerflex EP91 set to rear, EP70 is very hard car to get any bushings to rear. Little cut and paste, took few hours to do.

20160507_205734_zpsujtlw9ru.jpg

One ready for welding, using welding heat to taking bushes easily away, thats why I lefted those.

20160507_210830_zps4bip2ysu.jpg

20160507_214739_zpsbq2mj03q.jpg

Welded bushing cyliders.

20160507_222653_zpsgvdn4kky.jpg

Hardest part was to try weld panhard straight, have to do poor mans jig.

20160507_232535_zpsqdwfxxha.jpg

On tractor oem lenght.

20160507_234204_zpseexb4kxs.jpg

5cm adjust from normal EP70 measurment, hopefully enough for lowered car.

20160507_234345_zpserjn4gkl.jpg

Endin my garage this month, started to take parts from my spare Starlet, so rusty shit but can save some parts for modication and universal spareparts. Rare cars in Finland so have to save shit. Doors, fenders, glasses, wireloom, interior oarts and maybe roof with pilars.

20160508_124202_zpsinmt5tvc.jpg

20160508_125028_zpsiccf3qxu.jpg

20160508_131738_zpsqp9phjzv.jpg

20160508_172852_zpsujbadqfl.jpg

So sad looking 1E engine, have to save engine mounts and intakemanifold and carburator. Lot of holes in firewall, for 4E-FE one big hole luckily in center of wall, same position as EE100 Corolla :p Big job coming to get loom out from Corolla or should I use GT loom?

20160508_172842_zps6aahehla.jpg

I have EP82 GT ECU also, then I must change MR2 3S-GE 315cc injectors, don't have oem 295cc anymore. Thermostat housing must change from turbo, intake temperature sensor and knock sensor must add also if going GT loom.

This style, but not canvas roof, two separate glassfiber hardtop roof, so parts can be stored in rear boot. Rollgage also coming, so main bar is gona be center anyway...

autowp.ru_toyota_starlet_canvas_top_si_1

Awesome project love it you should be very proud of all the work that's gone into it! Just in the process of putting a 4E-FTE in my granny spec 70 haha. I'm using a GT loom though, wiring has been a pain because I've kept the standard fusebox and alternator/starter motor wiring.

I'm using a GT loom though, wiring has been a pain because I've kept the standard fusebox and alternator/starter motor wiring.

I'm gona keep oem and hide it and take all engine related away. So later can make or buy stand alone ecu and swap engines easily.

Nice project you got there 8) love to read this stuff... Finding new parts aint easy i agree.

Body welding :) . I've done it too. But now when i look at this project i've forgotten an place hahaha.

I haven't removed the gasoline tank yet. So haven't weld against the tunnel place.

Supra pump is kickass haha ;) good choice fits into many brackets also ep90

As for the pistons in the rear calipers, soak them in wd40 for few days or so.

Disc brake has more control on high speed braking vs drum brakes....

P.S the ep7 rear axle is able to carry disc brake setup with minor adjustment.

If you need ideas look at my thread perhaps it helps.

Thanks for comments :)

Didn't find photos about your gasoline tank, but noticed that you are using also Supra pump and plastic collector inside tank.

I have few rear disk and caliber setups, those have laying ten years at least and I have put WD40 many months, no effect, maybe so rusted inside :/

Do you mean bearing adapters for using P8/9 brakes on P7 axle?

Your own project tread was awesome Clint, thanks for reminding to read it, good tips for me :D

Yep also using jdm supra 2jz-gte pump. I've cut a hole on the same place were the bracket should be.

Jep bearing adaptor. You'll be using for this mod same bearing as for the drum brake. The bigger shell needs to be hold into place because it is not big enough for the disc. Cut a piece of metal with an thickness of 1mm and same height and outer diameter as the shell. Then drop in the shell and add the spacer arround the shell. with an hamer and flat screwdriver. I've been driving arround for 3 years without any problem..

I cannot seem to edit the first page anymore to fix the broken link and pictures. :( crap

P.S You know you'll have to turn the pistons....., the pistons are being held by a screw inside the caliper :p turn them against the clock

Also noticed that can't edit any post or title, so sad :/

Too late for me do bearing adapters, next coming that EP91 axle, made that because of newer bushings. Maybe do it later or using my cutted axle stubs, can do some camber same time.

Have tryed also rotate pistons on rear calibers, only braketools are bending, should maybe give some heat, then seals must be renew. Or new calibers maybe if not cost miljons :/

You have to be a paid member to get your original post title changed. And you can request a user name change

Okay, should paid, wasn't sure if have to living in UK or something to get or be real member :)

20160515_142854_zpszphvrdbv.jpg

Started to make more room, tooked front lamp washer tank away, so much room for turbo and power steering pump and air condition not allowed in these old scholl cars.

20160515_142825_zps3vwxfqas.jpg