1987 "Artic granny" EP70

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wanted 50mm cap, so can use much more shocks in future. Plan is maybe Meister-R coilovers or special made Öhlins or Bilsteins. Eben VW products can use, and I have used with cutted ends.

20160402_005815_zpsqfjao9vq.jpg

There it is, now some grinding and welding again if needed. Then anti roll bar system have to think, if extra supports need to weld. Still hunting info in other tread how Ultraracing bar is connected near bushings. So if somebody have that, can I have picture:/ ? Later axle gona get sandblasting and powercoating.

20160402_012113_zpsscfaovcb.jpg

Few Corolla EE80 GT pictures for inspiration, still having this, made it 20years ago, most of members maybe just have born, I'm old fart :)

218hp and 300Nm at 0.8bar was best on paper, got it bigger boost also. Engine 5E-FTE and with simple mods. Later own topic for this...

FB_IMG_1448004748891_zpsx1srftsf.jpg

Little bit newer Glanza gearbox for future. Already have changed Corolla 5spd to my 1E, some dessert ratio tranny, only 2200rpm @ 100km/h speed. Don't know what tranny to use with turbo engine...

received_896102950466067_zpswl0zbujo.jpe

Same time and from same guy had CT12 turbo with 4E-FTE castiron manifold, so I bougt it also. 400 all, gearbox+turbo+LSD, not bad price in Finland, in UK this would be expensive...

FB_IMG_1447502084407_zpskeujtumi.jpg

Thank Westie, I though I was only one who is speaking here, more is coming :)

He was selling TRD LSD and never used that, he bought full frontcut. I only have seen some internet universal LSD pictures, so here we are. Thanks for that info Stu, hard googling is that Cusco news bad or good thing :/

Oh its definitely a good thing!!! Super good score. Take a look at my build thread in the EP71 section and there's comparison photos of the two lsd units.

First "EP71 Cusco" search gave me Your Project Stu :) So You used to have TRD and now Cusco. What I can say is my LSD lookin like Your broken unit, right one, TRD?

img_3194as.jpg

Sorry yes your right, its a TRD unit (was looking on my phone and my old eyes were struggling to make it out).

The TRD unit is still very good.

If you have a torque wrench, work out the breakaway torque and let me know what it is. Will be an indication of how savage the ramp rate on lock up is.

Maybe I should do own panhard, cant´t be so difficult. Added earlier EP91 panhard, 1cm shorter than EP70. My car´s rear is not lowered an d had to put old one back, because rear 195/50R15 Renault wheels was rubbing right side sometimes, offset is something like 50mm. Later that newer axle gives 1cm more outside, so more room that way anyway.

20160406_195513_zpsg4m2aeq9.jpg

Should I put MR2 Phoenix Power exhaust same time, 14kg, would be badass but not sleeper anymore. No my mate gona do stainless exhaust...

And thanks Morgey. Bodyparts are hard here and sometimes laws also, so have try alternatives choises and use newer parts, thanks also to Toyota, so many parts can use from other models. Glad that this car is so simple <3

Here is EP91 and EP70 panhards, that EP91 sucks for modification, idiot U shape rod, gona do new EP70 style, first have to do new shorterbodybracket, can't go low enough now.

57f17ad3-bfcc-4c6b-86ea-201f1bc69193_zps

If you find a rear adjustable tie rod from a AE92/101/111 then you can chop and weld it into the centre of the EP71 bar then you have an adjustable panhard. Again take a look at my build, there should be photos.

A adjustable panard is fairly straight forward. A rose joint on one or both ends and then just a length of bar threaded at either end.

Only thing with rose joints is they can knock a bit but you could just use a bit of pipe that you can fit a bush into and weld a thread to it.

Just have a look at the whiteline one thats what that is.