1987 "Artic granny" EP70

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

20160415_173623_zpsjvngnsvr.jpg

Front VW Jetta coilovers and rear oem springs and Kyb Excel-G gas shocks. Small gastank and tools only, other interior stripped. Hate this, and one round cutted rearsprings are not a choice, tested, didn't go lower and few times dropped :)

Should by some cheap loweringspring set, but maybe don't work with too light rear, waste of money...

20160416_163341_zpsestxd0tt.jpg

Already have earlier started to clean, but now more. Rust away and some paint over before fueltank goes on it's place. Should do new brakelines some day. Four hours time to do this, need my car everyday :/

20160416_163316_zps8poywkyf.jpg

Is the ee80 cluster plug n play, or did you do any mods to make it fit? Nice project you got there!

Thanks. AE82 Cluster must destroy both sides if don´t wanna destroy Starlet. So i saw and cutted cluster, maybe I have pictures from those also. Wanted to save my Starlet and use oem cover, sleeper style :) And electrics must done, few extra wires, I used all old and moved those to Corolla plugs one by one. Same work with EE80 cluster, only have dial faces so can´t say electronics.

20160421_180550_zpswq0rksli.jpg

New front anti roll bar/stabilaizer 23mm bushings and bolts/rods. Old one was 30years old and losted one bracket/mount, have to do new ones myself, so simple shape, didn't want by expensive oem. Plan is to buy universal polyurethane bushings for rod, too expensive from Toyota. And arb gona fitted from AE82 GTI Corolla.

20160421_155951_zpsuzmb605s.jpg

LHD EP70, hate that small brakebooster corner with clutch master cylinder. Changing bigger brakes and bigger booster or maincylinder needed.

How have you solved that? Some have used Nissan master or similar, with or without vacuum booster?

I maybe try split AE82 Gti 9" booster and connect it to EP70 booster, don't know yet is it even possible. Also have SW20 booster/cylinder system, have to figure someting about these parts.

20150226_184914_zpsuhvhvuph.jpg

20160410_201803_zpstlft4vuj.jpg

Here SW20 MR2 parts.

Ment to say about that space needs, that clutchmaster is too close about boosterclock, should man move that or booster more left or forward? One way is to go pedalbox system and get rid of all oem style systems, like rallycars, that case need more cash again, argh.

Always wondered how RHD Starlet have different bigger space in firewall, is pedals somehow different angle or more space? There bigger brake booster swap is easy bolt on.

In one picture I have GTi Corolla front upper arb, I'm gona use ends for Starlet struts, same bolt pattern, mission impossible to find EP71 turbo Starlet oem here in Finland. Have to install newer engine first, so can see how it must routed, maybe some three bar system via firewall.

Thanks Pikey009, need more pushing forward :) One slowing thing is lack of money, have to improvise and time is one problem(10-15h days) and poor rented garage share, wich i'm ending next month. Buildin continues in parking slott. Always remember were people are coming and circumstances, trying my best. Taggy's P7 is sweet :)

Have to weld end of the floor corners, found little rust. Must do this before installing gastank and paint backseat under floor. Maybe I do some center mudflap mountings, Saab style. Man should be installing newer engine, but shit can't allowed, making car for decades.

20160423_103625_zpsggkqeuh0.jpg

20160423_103646_zpsrvyzd74l.jpg

Thanks for words morgey, I'm have to try be creative, sometimes wanna resist bolt on comercial products, solve problems other route, and without big money man have to :)

20160423_135344_zpsuvambpq5.jpg

Same time few extra welding, so poor welded floorparts that I put few dots before painting. Fuck that can't do bigger renovation at once, have to use car for driving work :/