so something a little unusual, I've got hold of a 86 Volvo 240, currently sporting its standard 2.0 petrol, the plan is to get hold of a Lexus GS300 and gut it of its 2JZ GE, transmission, ecu and wiring loom, and fit it into the Volvo, so I've got something nice and comfy to drive round in for long trips etc, as the starlets my day to day :) il try to get some pictures up of the Volvo, havent got any of a GS300 yet as im still searching for a suitable donor to give itself up

If you look in the back ground of the pictures on my build thread you'll see my brothers 240 Volvo estate. Late turbo red block from a 940 (2.3 turbo 8 valve with forged internals as standard), later M90 gearbox with custom gear linkages, LSD from a 740 with locking function, head ported and polished and is currently building a better turbo for it as the £150 ebay special turbo he had on there has finally given in to a year of 22 psi of boost. So now making the turbo from a cosworth turbo with a nissan compressor housing which is going to be machined to fit a Garrett GT38 wheel. Also he just put a cam in it yesterday which took the cam lift from 9mm of lift to around to 12mm of lift and it picks up so well. Had loads more done to it but those are the main things. Its a beast! Oh and side exit exhaust and has the ability to block off the rear brakes so it can do massive burn outs!! :lol:

However you build it, if its quick you'll love watching the look on the peoples as you pass them :yahoo:

You can fit a few different boxes to a 2JZ, BMW boxes are pretty popular, mainly the ones in the 328i or the 530d.

None are straight fit though.

But tbh honest man if youre going to all that effort youd be aswell getting a LS400 and doing a V8 swap. You can get adapter plates to fit the JS160 box from an is200, or again go down the BMW box route.

Edited by daniel_g