Fast road suspension set up

Looking for someone that really knows there stuff here.

I have bc coilovers with adjustable top mounts

Anti lift kit.

And front and rear arb.

Looking at getting the car tracked and set up but obviously want it set up for fast road use. Not sure how much camber is best. Looking for some numbers to get it set up to. Can anyone help ?

Front -2 camber, 0 toe, more caster than stock

Rear -1 camber

And proper tyres if you haven't got them already

I have ad08 at the moment and is the caster just what the alk has given you ?

How do you camber the rear ?

Edited by Damienx13

Caster is what can be adjusted using the ALK

Rear was done by Mikey4410 on here, involves modifying the rear axle so the ends can be bolted back on

Edited by Amjad

I run -1 camber 0 toe

Federal 595rsr W

Also looking at your spec i would really advise a cage... Night and day difference! The car feels tighter and corners way more flat. I just softened my bc's to 8 clicks from soft on the back and 12 clicks on the front.. To hard on the back with a cage you get a lot of lift off oversteer and feels like a shopping trolley :( but for me this set up is perfect.

I run -1 camber 0 toe

Federal 595rsr W

Also looking at your spec i would really advise a cage... Night and day difference! The car feels tighter and corners way more flat. I just softened my bc's to 8 clicks from soft on the back and 12 clicks on the front.. To hard on the back with a cage you get a lot of lift off oversteer and feels like a shopping trolley :( but for me this set up is perfect.

I want a cage so badly but it's a big expense :(

I run -1 camber 0 toe

Federal 595rsr W

I have been looking at cages as one has came up for sale.

I was looking at the 595 and it was said they needed a lot of heat and wasn't so good in the wet. Being a weekend car in the uk it's wet most the time. I'm only a few clicks out. I'm 15 front and 10 rear.

Yeah I intend to get a cage when finances allow

I spoke to people who used both 595 and NS2R and they all recommended the latter which is what I have now in a medium compound. AD08R's are great so your tyres won't be an issue

The 595s are brilliant in my eyes and excellent for the money! I have never ran ns2rs on a starlet but they warm up fine and give plenty off grip! As for the wet yes your correct there fine aslong as your not horsing it! The federals have a 140 compound so inbetween the soft and medium ns2r! For approx £50 a corner i wouldnt recomend anything else! Try pick a second hand 6 or 7 pointer cage up? I think i gave £400 for mine.. One of the better thing i purchased aswell as a cusco lsd but its all money and when do you stop haha

I have a quafiee lsd and a set of wheels with ns2r and ad08. Some lads selling a brand new cusco 6point cage at the moment but I'm not sure if I want to commit to drilling holes and fitting it. Wants 650 for it but it was only 700 new. Still in its packing.

I have a quafiee lsd and a set of wheels with ns2r and ad08. Some lads selling a brand new cusco 6point cage at the moment but I'm not sure if I want to commit to drilling holes and fitting it. Wants 650 for it but it was only 700 new. Still in its packing.

thats a bargin mate my 8 point was best part of 1k deliverd just realised your in plymouth im in exeter :D

thats a bargin mate my 8 point was best part of 1k deliverd just realised your in plymouth im in exeter :D

I'd like an 8 point. I will see what I can get it for. Wanted it cheaper tbh as I'd want to paint it. There is a few of down here. Trying to round a few of us up for the next car meet going on.