Would you say the NS2Rs are ok for everyday use as well? I've just been looking into them, they've got great reviews but people do comment on the not very comfortable ride and noise level which is to be expected from a sport tyre I suppose. I just didn't know if they'd be a little extreme for daily road use as well. Plus I need them to last the length of a standard tyre how ever long they last.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would you say the NS2Rs are ok for everyday use as well? I've just been looking into them, they've got great reviews but people do comment on the not very comfortable ride and noise level which is to be expected from a sport tyre I suppose. I just didn't know if they'd be a little extreme for daily road use as well. Plus I need them to last the length of a standard tyre how ever long they last.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've used them everyday for over a year, still got plenty of tread remaining

I have ns2r 180 with the stiffer side walls and I also have ad08 and road noise I think the ad08 are a lot louder I think. I always checked tyre pressures on the ad08 as the side walls always make the tyres look a bit flat. Going by reviews they are like for like. But is said that the ns2r last a bit longer. Can't go wrong with either tyre

I have R888 rear wheels in my MR2 for quarter mile and trackdays, don't wanna use those on street so much, because can't stand all small rocks that it vacuums from tarmac. Soft combound really sucking everything and that noise when rocks are hitting wheel arches, much horrible than drivind winter tyres :) This was one point only and different car, grip is only medium when tyre is cold :/

While we are on the subject any lads run 14,s on the track? what size tyres do you use my alloys are 6j I was thinking 185 60 or would you recommend a lower profile? isn't many options available in 14,s unfortunately only thing I'm worried about with a 60 profile is the side wall being soft

While we are on the subject any lads run 14,s on the track? what size tyres do you use my alloys are 6j I was thinking 185 60 or would you recommend a lower profile? isn't many options available in 14,s unfortunately only thing I'm worried about with a 60 profile is the side wall being soft

Exact debate I was having myself mate. I think the general answer was that 60 was fine and gives you a few more options. My mistake was trying to go to low a profile and there just Isn't anything decent in 14 out there.

Didn't know you'd tried the NS2R Marc, thought it was a friend who dissuaded you from trying them?

ran them on the wives vxr just not on anything of mine, i can't comment on track use though but they were good on the road.

Im stuck in the world of ad08 lol simply because they perform so well with some heat in them.

I have R888 rear wheels in my MR2 for quarter mile and trackdays, don't wanna use those on street so much, because can't stand all small rocks that it vacuums from tarmac. Soft combound really sucking everything and that noise when rocks are hitting wheel arches, much horrible than drivind winter tyres :) This was one point only and different car, grip is only medium when tyre is cold :/

I know exactly what you are saying on the noise and stones hitting the car lol

I have ns2r 180 with the stiffer side walls and I also have ad08 and road noise I think the ad08 are a lot louder I think. I always checked tyre pressures on the ad08 as the side walls always make the tyres look a bit flat. Going by reviews they are like for like. But is said that the ns2r last a bit longer. Can't go wrong with either tyre

Nice to have a direct comparison for both on a Starlet! :)

Would you say they're on par for grip when heated up?

ran them on the wives vxr just not on anything of mine, i can't comment on track use though but they were good on the road.

Im stuck in the world of ad08 lol simply because they perform so well with some heat in them.

I know exactly what you are saying on the noise and stones hitting the car lol

Ah cool! Yeah those with Advans often stick with them, on the flip side I've recommended Nankangs to quite a few people and they like them too.

Not sure whether to stick with my Nankangs for the next pair, or switch it up and try a pair of AD08R's

Nice to have a direct comparison for both on a Starlet! :)

Would you say they're on par for grip when heated up?

I would say they are pretty much the same. Both good with heat in them.

I ran a 14.14 with them on for who ever was asking