Morning all,

I'm wondering what tyres l should go for I've heard so many different ones it's left me undecided. I've heard good things about rainsports which I have two of on the front, but they are getting low and I'm probably not feeling any benefit from them and toyo proxes which I had a look at, at japfest. I'm looking for a good all rounder really but also suitable for occasional track days and fast road use.

I know it's mainly down to preference and budget but I have £300 and I want decent tyres, after all they are the only things that keep you on the road and to be honest I have no clue what I'm looking for. What do you rate and recommend?

Thank you in advance!

The Nankang NS-2R tyres seem to be getting a LOT of great reviews especially for track. I have Rainsport 3's all round on mine in 195/50 and I can't fault them tbh, id say the main 2 if your doing more street use than track would be out of Rainsport 3's and Toyo Proxes T1-R. I'm sure plenty of other people will be able to further expand as I haven't used a whole lot of different tyres so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tried t1r's and rainsports and i dont think theres much difference tbf. Just went up scotland round the highlands on a pair of t1r's and only on 1 wet corner that caught us out did they let slip which the rainsports might have faired better on. But cost/wear rate the t1r is better imo.

I've got ad08s on my other car and they are noticably better but do require heat and are top end of your budget, great fast road/track tire though.

I've now got a pair of ns2r's on an 86 sidewall with the harder 180 compound but cant comment on them yet as theyre on the rear, but people are comparing them to the ad08s however im not sure what compound they were comparing, as mine were 58 but the softer sidewall and compounds are 68 and 73.

That's interesting about the different compounds I never even thought to consider that but it makes a lot of sense. I mean I say I want occasional track day but I haven't actually completed one yet lol, plus my car is a bit of a beauty queen and probably wouldn't like it

I might look into the t1rs then at least I know what they are and have seen them. Plus they have pretty decent ratings by the sound of it. Thank you very much for all the info guys, I really appreciate it!

I deffinately wouldn't say the t1r are a good tyre but i dont think the rainsports offer much more either and in my experience the lifespan of the rainsports is pretty bad too in comparison to the toyo.

What car are they going on by the way?

They are going on my glanza morgey.

Well I have to say my rainsport 2's spin up all the time I think they are pretty shit considering people recommend them. So NS2Rs, gosh the choices are endless. I have goodyears on the rear which I can't comment on because they just get pulled along but I'm not overset on goodyears because they're just your average mid priced tyres. I'll definitely look into the ns2rs though, what's the price range?

this again lol

YOKOHAMA AD08R they are a shitload better than ns2r..... £79 a corner as well or £81.99 fitted at halfrauds

Yes ns2r are cheaper but i have had both on road and track and the yokes are much better

Ok thank you. I'm getting my wheels powder coated so will take them elsewhere to have them fitted and balanced but again thank you for the info.

I'm going to research all mentioned see what I feel will suit me best, at least I have an idea what I'm looking at now thankfully. Thanks again all!

this again lol

YOKOHAMA AD08R they are a shitload better than ns2r..... £79 a corner as well or £81.99 fitted at halfrauds

Yes ns2r are cheaper but i have had both on road and track and the yokes are much better

Didn't know you'd tried the NS2R Marc, thought it was a friend who dissuaded you from trying them?

if you haven't bought tires yet..maybe consider kumho ecsta xs ku36...i've been very happy with mine, but i live in the caribbean (lots of sun...lots of rain) so not sure how it compares to your area as it seems Uk is more overcast

i've tried toyo t1-s, t1-r, proxies, ...none of these come close