Destek Unichip mapping

So I brought a Dastek Unichip piggyback ecu of another member on here, (pics at bottom) I'm trying to find a place which actually maps these, on the Dastek website there was one mapper close to me so I rang them today only to be told sorry we can't help you, is there anyone on here please that has any knowledge on these ecu's I have read abit about them in the search content, but there's not a lot of info, I suppose I just need someone to point me in the right direction please, hardwiring the ecu in doesn't seem to be a problem it's the boost module (smaller black thing in the photo I'm not to sure where all that wiring goes, thanks lads Pat

DE68D326-571B-4E0C-ACE3-3F0CEA648FAA_zps

6E19FE93-BF66-423B-BF92-063DADCFD254_zps

Edited by patman

A few on here use Dastek with Redline in Essex, but I'm not sure if it's a specific model we need for our cars.

I was looking into Dastek too, seems a much cheaper option than EMB/EMU

Thankyou guys for the replys, done a lot of research on these lately and they seem very good old skool ecu's not after big power, just enough to know everything's safe,

Daniel mate if Scotland was a last resort I would be up there 👍🏻

Amjad thanks for telling me that Essex isn't too far from me being in sussex, I'm trying to find out prices aswell, as it needs hardwiring in too, (shame you can't get a harness for this) it apparently has a 400bhp map on at the moment, so if I did get it hard wired in, would the car last till I got to the mappers if driving off boost of course (also got a wideband in to) to keep an eye on things

I will do of course amjad, at the moment I need to see who can hardwire it and price all in to map etc, just been looking at redline website too, model wise, as you say they do vary, newer models got more features etc, but as far as I'm aware the one I have in pic above should be more then enough what I need it for. So when I get someone to do it with price then I can save the pennies

Thankyou mate, and looking up old posts about these ecu's quite a few starlets seemed to of had them on a while back, just seems to be lack of info about nowadays about them, but obviously I'm hoping it works out aswell 👍🏻

Yeah thanks mate not looking to put the ecu just yet as need to find a place that can do it and hardwire it in, no where in my area that will do it, but seems there are places up north cheers mate

So I brought a Dastek Unichip piggyback ecu of another member on here, (pics at bottom) I'm trying to find a place which actually maps these, on the Dastek website there was one mapper close to me so I rang them today only to be told sorry we can't help you, is there anyone on here please that has any knowledge on these ecu's I have read abit about them in the search content, but there's not a lot of info, I suppose I just need someone to point me in the right direction please, hardwiring the ecu in doesn't seem to be a problem it's the boost module (smaller black thing in the photo I'm not to sure where all that wiring goes, thanks lads Pat

DE68D326-571B-4E0C-ACE3-3F0CEA648FAA_zps

6E19FE93-BF66-423B-BF92-063DADCFD254_zps

Just recently come across this garage in Essex the owner is sound and has worked on a few Starlet's from here with some serious power.

One with a hks pfc f con eco and the other with a unichip, worth giving him a call

Will PM you his details

Edited by X_Milch_X
  • 1 month later...

Just bumping this up as still haven't got this installed yet trying to think of ways of saving money etc, on this, I had a little idea though if someone could please help here,

"This maybe a silly question, what would happen if I actually hardwired all the wires in properly, but then didn't connect the two slots to the Unichip? THEN, when I found a place to get this mapped when I got there they can just plug it into the ecu, that way could save time and money etc!

Would anyone know if this would be a good solution? I suppose it's almost like plugging a emb or emu harness in but not connecting it to the ecu itself

Thankyou guys Pat

If I was you pat I would use bullet connectors so you can disconnect it and plug the loom wires back together that's the way am doing my EMB so male connector on EMB loom and whatever female to male on loom to match so it can be plugged in as I'd say you have to cut some wires to intercept the signal to ECU to run through dastek. Hope that makes sense

This is the connectors am using

https://www.ebay.ie/itm/400776800196

Thanks for the input guys, I know what your saying Ollie and I do agree with you, If someone wanted the destek I be happy to sell it and move on, personally as far as I know it can be used on lots of cars so hopefully someone will want it,

Also thankyou for the link bug mate I see where your coming from there