OEM rocker gasket

It helps to put a smear of sealant around the cams in the corners but people will disagree. I've always done it and it never leaks, just make sure it's clean before putting it on

Nope I don't disagree mate this is what I done a couple of weeks ago when putting a race spec cover on 👍🏻

Nice one Pat ya got the race spec done 😀

Anymore luck finder a tuner for the dastek 🤔

Hello Bug mate sure did, didn't come out to bad either, used some black sealant on all 4 corners and cams, and as tightened the nuts down and some sealant comes out the corners of the cover just wiped it away with a cloth, (pic below) haven't had time to sort out the dastek, I might just put it back up for sale on here as I have a feeling gonna need to travel quite far to get it fitted etc.

EAE012F4-C35A-437D-AA58-66E69D7A5E6B_zps

That's a nice clean looking bay there man loving it 🤗 The black and blue just looks sexy Pity about the dastek man sure it'll sell no bother but sure if it to much travelling puts a downer on things lol but ya should think of the fun you'd have coming back 😝

That's a nice clean looking bay there man loving it 🤗 The black and blue just looks sexy Pity about the dastek man sure it'll sell no bother but sure if it to much travelling puts a downer on things lol but ya should think of the fun you'd have coming back 😝

Thanks mate, although still needs tidying etc, this is what you would call a budget bay haha haven't put stupid money into it, and can only do bits at a time due to funds etc, to be fair mate haven't even thought about the dastek since we last spoke in pm, so I'm really not sure what to do now, if I could of hard wired it in myself then drove to wherever to get it mapped, wouldn't be so bad, but as its got a map on it from a 400bhp scooby was told not a good idea.

• 2 weeks later...

So does some sealant usually stop the non-oem gaskets leaking? I've just fitted an ID-workz one and it started leaking after the first drive

Anyone know the torque specs for the rocker cover nuts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ID-workz ones always leak there not genuine gaskets poor quality. Genuine gaskets don't need any sealent anywere they seal perfect each time I have used them. The torque specs for the rocker cover nuts are 7nm.