td/tfo numbers and digits explanation

Righto Colin Ive just been down the shed and got the facts for you.

4cm housing does indeed have a 4 cast into it on the inside.

20160717_071805_zpsfjvaqfen.jpg

Here are the numbers cast on the side. Confirmed. 35-13900 (4cm)

20160717_071748_zpsly0zosfp.jpg

Also this is cast onto it as well (DUCM)

20160717_071824_zpsdngiqebo.jpg

And im almost certain that this is the compressor cover that came off that one as well.

20160717_072201_zpsyjetha7g.jpg

Thanks for this thread, an interesting read for sure. Turns out the one I've recently had fitted is the -04500.

Androo, what do you think the difference in power would be with my current turbo and that of a 4cm/td04 hybrid at say, 1 bar of boost?

Amjad.--- The 04500 is a fair size smaller than the TD04 in both compressor and exhaust wheels so the expected power out put is always going to be less, but without doing back to back dyno runs its hard to say....

At a guess 15-20kw max power difference.

I think the limiting factor with my setup will be the Exhaust housing for sure... but im hoping to get 160KW at the wheel from it on a Built 5E

Its a daily driven to and from work car not a race car.... well sometimes it is lol

Amjad.--- The 04500 is a fair size smaller than the TD04 in both compressor and exhaust wheels so the expected power out put is always going to be less, but without doing back to back dyno runs its hard to say....

At a guess 15-20kw max power difference.

I think the limiting factor with my setup will be the Exhaust housing for sure... but im hoping to get 160KW at the wheel from it on a Built 5E

Its a daily driven to and from work car not a race car.... well sometimes it is lol

its the other way round no its meant to be a 14T / 700+ is al 13t and 6cm thats the info i gathered so far

I read that as though he was comparing a 4cm hybrid TD04 (the same as what im running) vs 04500 (wich is a 14T 4cm TF035) according to the above posts ??

Have I got it wrong here ? Whats the difference between a 13T and 14T Anyone ?

• 4 weeks later...

Rightio then lads ive done some data logs on spool up with this 4CM TD04 hybrid im running.

For those that dont know my setup its a rebuilt N/A 5EFE completely stock 9.5:1 comp. Turbosmart 38mm External waste gate. 4EFE Intake manifold.

It runs a GFB Atom bleed valve (very basic) so this is about as slow/ linear to build boost as your going to get with no waste gate trickery at all.

The run was performed in 3rd gear, foot flat to the floor from 2000 rpm till redline 6K

1 psi 2000 rpm

3 psi 2120 rpm

4 psi 2250 rpm

5 psi 2380 rpm

6 psi 2410 rpm

8 psi 2560 rpm I might just add that using a bleed valve the gate at this point is almost all the way open as it going to get. So if it were using an EBC you could still have the gate completely closed if you wanted making use of all the exhaust gas

9 psi 2620 rpm making it spool faster again. But Ive chosen the bleed valve because its more gradual and better for traction. (still awesome response on the street)

10 psi 2950 rpm

I read that as though he was comparing a 4cm hybrid TD04 (the same as what im running) vs 04500 (wich is a 14T 4cm TF035) according to the above posts ??

Have I got it wrong here ? Whats the difference between a 13T and 14T Anyone ?

as far as im aware 13t is 6cm housing

14t is 4cm housing

friend of mine is going to measure his 600 series tfo compressor wheel i think the 4cm housing turbos use bigger exduseres to aid spool ?? tbc soon

nice 1 androo what is she like top end where does she drop off ??

I had this on the dyno last week .. Whilst im not going to talk power figures I can tell you that Peak HP was at 5570rpm and peak torque at 4417rpm

At 5600 boost dropped 1 psi so its possible that peak HP may have stayed flat peak till the end.

RPM Range 4E 4cm TF/TD 4E 4cm TD04 5E 4cm TD04

2-3k 16 15 13

3-4k 11 11 10

4-5k 12 10 10

5-6k 15 15 12

Total logs 54 51 45

Here is the log count and as you can see its still pulling well in the upper rpm. 5E for the win thats for sure.

Edited by Androo26
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...