what is max rpm the stock cams and valves can handle

no 7600rpm is about the max i would go on a stock head and i like pushing limite often valve float starts occurring around that rpm also stock intake is a killer you be just revving and making no progress thats on 4efte

whats your spec ???

Edited by 5e colin

Everything but the head race tech custom 1l larger inlet fully forged lightened and balanced 4efte. Godzilla exhaust Mani holset turbo. Everything but the head am on with doing 1now. I thought stock rpm was 7800 Adam b said should be safe to go to 8200 8300 as some of them piggy back ecu red to about that.

Everything but the head race tech custom 1l larger inlet fully forged lightened and balanced 4efte. Godzilla exhaust Mani holset turbo. Everything but the head am on with doing 1now. I thought stock rpm was 7800 Adam b said should be safe to go to 8200 8300 as some of them piggy back ecu red to about that.

i advise you not to go there with stock springs

its not because a P&P revs that high a stock engine will !!!

P and P ecus were actually a mapped ecu in japan, they were base mapped to set mods, the ones that rev to 8.5k will have been on a built engine.

Others will be for mild tuned engines. Front mount, exhaust, more boost or bigger turbo. Limiter around 7.5k and delimited speed. They are good though as they still use the base ecu's parameter selection so can be used on a variety of setups fairly safely.

As for stock max rpm, as colin said 7600 would be about it, any more and you will just be pushing your luck.

You'll be fine to rev to 8100-8300rpm (on new OEM springs) as I said on the phone pal.

Some P&P's go to about this or slightly more.

Yes the old valve springs will have sagged, lost tension blah blah, but on the other hand I certainly wouldn't be going chucking in a set of Zisco or Cruise springs because they don't come with any specs to install them at! (Zisco at least). Chucking in a set of aftermarket springs without checking the base pressure, installed height, free height etc etc is asking for trouble!

Springs aren't necessarily the issue, its the acceleration from the cam that is.

Edited by AdamB

My engine is tuned but the only thing left to do is the head. What is stock Max rpm I always thought it was 7800

any time you go above 7400/7600rpm you risk the chance to fuck up your engine

trust me i fucked up more engines then probly anyone on here

ADAMb !!!!! no chance a stock spring gose above 8 k if you do and it survives its pure luck she is still going ( thats what 5e colin says ha ha )

Mine went to 8200 with a mines p&p rarely saw that sort of rpm but didn't have any problems

I'm the same with my sard. No point in me revving it right out on a ct9 really lol

Cheers lads. The holset I have is a hybrid kind of thing and it's boosting 1.3 bar at the mo at about 4k so it's very good for spool. Need the extra revs just so I can push it but like I say I am in the process of building a head just won't be ready for when I need it so I.e wanting to rev my old head a little bit.