Emanage Ultimate or Standalone...

All depends on your set up, budget, and priorities.

Every application is different.

Set up is further up in a comment. (Forged, hybrid CT9 etc) looking to keep costs under £1500 as that's top end what I've been quoted for a stand alone. Priorities are, just a fun toy that is put together properly using the right bits. I've not scrimped on anything yet and don't intend on doing so with the ecu.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you are only running ct9 save yourself time and hassle buy a wideband and a plug and play ecu.

If you choose to go for more power later on then you already have wideband there and plug and plays hold their value so you just sell it on and your sorted.

This might sound stupid...but which would you recommend? How much rougly am I looking at all in. Buying, fitting, mapping etc. Does it require any special harness or anything?

In your situation a wideband and an ecumaster det3. Should be about £300/350 depending which wideband setup you go for. Then just fitting and mapping by tuner.

Done in FIT mode the det3 is standalone fuelling and piggyback timing. Shits all over emanage stuff.

Plus, like the standalone buy a solenoid and you have boost control too.

Personally wouldnt bother with a standalone one a ct9. But then wouldnt bother running a ct9 on a forged engine. Spend money on brakes and handling and just get a emb

Brakes and handling etc is fully sorted. I've got big stoppers and fancy tein suspension along with adjustable arb and panArd rod etc. 6 speed box and cusco lsd. The handling is tip top...but it's all useless with no ecu to make it run is it.

In your situation a wideband and an ecumaster det3. Should be about £300/350 depending which wideband setup you go for. Then just fitting and mapping by tuner.

Done in FIT mode the det3 is standalone fuelling and piggyback timing. Shits all over emanage stuff.

Plus, like the standalone buy a solenoid and you have boost control too.

Could you possibly point me in the direction of where I can buy all this stuff from. EBay link etc that you use. It would be greatly appreciated and I'll give you 10 ukso points.

Im not sure if det3 can run the solenoid but if it can I'd use it for boost control.

I'd still consider a link atom in the mix.

Massive support and features wise it's slightly short of the ecu master but can do boost control etc

I'd sell your apexi boost controller and solenoid and go for Mac solenoid.

Emu/emb have been known to do strange things at times and get involved in arguements with the stock ecu or even lose their map completely (Emb)

Phil

You need to buy a boost solenoid if you want boost control and a switch if you want switchable maps. Then just bring the lot to who ever gonna map it and get them to wire it in. That's it

Boost solenoid,..Apexi avcr will do right? I just need to replace the solenoid as mines buggered. And could it be wired into the hi/low switch on the glanza v for 2 different maps? That would be cool if so.

And yeah the high low button can be used, just tell them thats what you want. Plus then if you have a daily map and a power map, when you hit the button boost level/gain etc will change along with the map as each map has its own boost control settings

You dont have to go there. They just sell them as well and have set them up before. Doesnt mean you cant go to your local tuner to take a look see if they will do it. At the end of the day, if I can fit one in my driveway and road map one myself I don't think a professional is going to have a problem doing it.. if the wont do it then they arent good enough at what they do or are tied into contract with another companies product line.

• 3 weeks later...

Update for you all. I've gone for a standalone ECUmaster EMU and its going to be fit this week. I've booked in with RRR engineering and I've got to say, Cal really does know his shit. What a nice helpful guy. If any of you are looking for a tuner then i highly recommend him...so much so that I'm travelling 200 miles and probably passing about another dozen or so tuners on the way.