Emanage Ultimate or Standalone...

Guys, im stuck between a rock n a hard place. I need to get an ECU sorted on the toy, Im thinking EMU over the EMB as theres more tunability...but ive been told if im going to look at spending that kind of money, im better off just spending abit more and going the whole hog and having a completely stand alone unit and have a custom map put on the car.

What are your thoughts? Am i mad for wanting an EMU? Should i stick to an EMB? Or do i go nuts and get a stand alone? All i know is, im going to be using Tuning Developments as ive heard alot of good stuff about these guys.

Any input is appreciated. :thumbsup:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you have spent out on a decent set up ie forged with all the goodies and pushing big BHP then id say go the whole hog and go stand alone, if your not forged and pushing for big bhp save the extra cash and go for EMB or EMU

James

Im forged and running a hybrid CT9 and a couple of other goodies so not expecting a million bhp. I just want something fun and nippy as close to the 200bhp mark as i can, but still being pretty reliable. Im stripped out with an LSD and really just building as a fast road car with the odd track day as and when i get time...abit of an all rounder really.

What is your set up?

Forged engine running some kind of unusual CT9 hybrid, big HDi front mount and other bolt on parts, apexi avcr, currently on standard ecu with an fcd.

If your running a hybrid CT9 on forged engine id say Emanage will be more than good enough for what your wanting :)

Your be well over 200bhp though!!

James

If its more then thats fine, im not really chasing a number though. I just want smooth reliable power in something that goes like a go kart. You recommend EMU then yes?

Forged engine running some kind of unusual CT9 hybrid, big HDi front mount and other bolt on parts, apexi avcr, currently on standard ecu with an fcd.

Why not sell your boost controller, you will pay 500 for a emu with a plug and play harness so put a extra 100 to it and you could buy a link g4+ that will control your boost aswell with a mac solenoid?

Ecumaster dude couple people running them on here including myself brilliant standalones, rrr engineering give them a call. If you ever upgrade to bigger turbo you already have the management

Where are they based, Im up north in lancashire...not realy heard alot about ecumaster though...infact youre only the 2nd person ive heard mention them. Any info?

Why not sell your boost controller, you will pay 500 for a emu with a plug and play harness so put a extra 100 to it and you could buy a link g4+ that will control your boost aswell with a mac solenoid?

I suppose thats an option, theres so many options when you start digging around hahaha

i reckon your best bet is phone mike and nick at TD and have a chat about your set up and what your future plans are and see what they would recommend if your dead set on using them :)

James

Ive spoken to them a few times and theyre really helpful guys, offered alot of advice, they recommend the standalone over the EMU...but personally I think its abit over kill for what Im going to do to the car.

Ecumaster stuff is awesome. You can buy them direct from poland via ebay.they use the account named hoslet.

Cop

Sequential injection

Rolling anti lag

Launch control

Datalogging

Wideband trim like narrowband but constant throught rpm range.

Boost control if you buy a solenoid

Internal map sensor

Switchable maps

could keep goinng

This might sound stupid...but which would you recommend? How much rougly am I looking at all in. Buying, fitting, mapping etc. Does it require any special harness or anything?

This might sound stupid...but which would you recommend? How much rougly am I looking at all in. Buying, fitting, mapping etc. Does it require any special harness or anything?

All depends on your set up, budget, and priorities.

Every application is different.