Front and rear ARB differences ?

Hi guys,

Midway through my turbo build and I'm looking at upgrading the handling as much as I can for B roads.

I just wondered if anyone who had fitted an uprated front arb and a rarb could tell me if it was worth it ?

I have some polly bushes for the front (which I've forgotten where they're for, oops) and all going well will get a set of meisterR coilovers around November.

I'm still young so the harsh ride isn't going to bother me as much aslong as the car handles solid.

Thanks in advance :thumbsup:

Joe

It will be personal preference for a lot of it.

Front arb, first off i had mine poly bushed, tried a whiteline 24mm and didnt like how it drove so swapped back to the oem bar with polybushes.

Rear arb i didnt really notice but i fitted mine after i had already fitted my coilovers so probably isnt working as hard as it would with shocks and springs. (Most people rant and rave about the improvement from a rarb)

If you havent already i would get an anti lift kit, i found that made the car much more positive and direct.

It will be personal preference for a lot of it.

Front arb, first off i had mine poly bushed, tried a whiteline 24mm and didnt like how it drove so swapped back to the oem bar with polybushes.

Rear arb i didnt really notice but i fitted mine after i had already fitted my coilovers so probably isnt working as hard as it would with shocks and springs. (Most people rant and rave about the improvement from a rarb)

If you havent already i would get an anti lift kit, i found that made the car much more positive and direct.

I might concider a rarb after the coilovers and do it bit by bit until I'm happy. No point buying a rarb if it handles the way I want with coilovers.

I had a look at my pollybushes now and then googled an anti-lift kit and noticed the bushes look the same (remember buying wishbone bushes now) can you buy the metal brackets separately ?

pics below as my membership had expired

Edited by SpikeyJp_68

Not sure if you can get them separately but any bit of plate with 2 holes in it would do lol.

The other thing the ALK is repositions the rear of wishbone slightly further out, not sure what affect that has though?

It pushes the balljoint further forward giving even more castor.

Meaning you can maintain more contact in a straight line as well as in a corner. Usually without castor you have to add more negative camber to achieve the same level when in a bend which then decreases grip in a straight line.

Have a google and watch a few vids on youtube. There are some very interesting pieces.

Meaning you can maintain more contact in a straight line as well as in a corner. Usually without castor you have to add more negative camber to achieve the same level when in a bend which then decreases grip in a straight line.

Have a google and watch a few vids on youtube. There are some very interesting pieces.

Ah yes I get you now, it's the best of both worlds